Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop wont boot, in need of a FRST fixfile (FRST file attached) [Solv

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Bruce1270

Bruce1270

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,714 posts
The program does have a portable version which can be run from a USB stick. When you click on the link to download from bleeping computer choose the portable version and follow the rest of the instructions.

Thanks

Advertisements

JohannesK

JohannesK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Okey, but how do I fix the new black screen? I can start my laptop, just goes directly (after showing its starting up) to a black screen. Probably because it is booting into safe mode, which does not work.

JohannesK

JohannesK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Okey, I add some information on my last message, since I tried some things to restore it.

I used Shift+restart to get to the safe mode with networking. After I pressed it, the screen turned black directly. after a while (and nothing happening) I pressed the power button to restart and after the beginscreen of my laptops and the "windows loading dots" appeared it turned black again. after that nothing happens. This I already tried: pressing F8+shift, F2, F12, F8, removing the batery and turning the laptop on to drain all power of it and hoping it would reset, and using an external screen to try if it would show anything on that. When connected with HDMI and powering on, the screen just freezes on the opening screen.

All of this did not work, I could not enter the BIOS nor let anything else happen besides having power on it. The screen is black, not off (it changes slightly when turning off).

Bruce1270

Bruce1270

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,714 posts
Boot your sytem normally. If you can get to your USB stick on your computer, extract the files. Locate the file called repair_windows. Right click and select Run as Administrator. Run it in Normal mode following the previous instructions.

JohannesK

JohannesK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

But it doesn't boot anymore, If I boot it, and I do or do not press anything (tried both cases) the screen just turns black after 1-2 seconds.

So I dont even get to a login screen anymore, nor anything else.

With kind regards

JohannesK

JohannesK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

But it doesn't boot anymore, If I boot it, and I do or do not press anything (tried both cases) the screen just turns black after 1-2 seconds.

With kind regards

JohannesK

JohannesK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

With kind regards

Edit: sorry, one way or another this other laptop I am using placed my message three times

Edited by JohannesK, 27 May 2017 - 07:37 AM.

Bruce1270

Bruce1270

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,714 posts
Ok, don't try to do the power reset. Just go to Step5 and do the back up first.

JohannesK

JohannesK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

That is sort of the thing, since I tried to boot in safe mode, I can not boot at all anymore. after powering the laptop there is visual for half a second of the first screen which is shown when powering the laptop (which in my case is just BTO, where I bought my laptop) and then it turns black, I can not do anything, I don't know why it is now more 'broken' compared to before, but I can not start BIOS or anything, it just does not respond on any button I press, except for the power button.

With kind regards

Bruce1270

Bruce1270

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,714 posts
Can you try to restart your computer 3 times using your power button. This can sometimes get you to the recovery environment.

if not do you have the window installation disk?

Advertisements

JohannesK

JohannesK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

I dont know what happened, but it somehow did work! I can now start with All in One, I will use the portable version and use the instructions you provided, but start with a backup

I will respond when I am done.

With kind regards

JohannesK

JohannesK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Hello Bruce,

We are currently three hours going with Windows repair. of these three hours it is working for 2 hours and 40 minutes on the fifth task, which is removing policies set by infections. The back bars are still moving but it takes a long time. I forgot to start it with right-clicking and opening as administrator, could this be a problem? Should I just let it do its job and wait it out or should I restart it?

With kind regards,

Johannes

Edited by JohannesK, 27 May 2017 - 11:12 AM.

Bruce1270

Bruce1270

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,714 posts
At the bottom of the screen you should see the memory and CPU counters moving to indicate that the job is running.

It can take a while so leave it to run meantime.

JohannesK

JohannesK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Hello Bruce,

Thanks for your fast response! It is indeed running, although at 1% of CPU usage, but I will leave it on!

With kind regards.

Johannes

JohannesK

JohannesK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Hello Bruce,

It is still running (after 18 hours) on the fifth task (10 - removing policies set by infections). The last line it wrote in the administrator screen is also still the same: F:\Tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio\tweaking.com - windows repair>start /wait REGEDIT /S "C:windows\Temp\temp80762.reg. The drive read/write values are low (as in most of the time 0 bytes/s) and CPU usage is also under 1%. This leads to me thinking that the program is not doing much anymore. Should I stop it, restart it without the 10th task and finish it that way, followed by doing it with the 10th task in safe mode (hoping that this would fix safe mode).

Is that an idea?

With kind regards