Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD when trying to go into fullscreen

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Tungsten72

Tungsten72

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Hello,

A few minutes ago I opened up a Steam game called Starbound, but then my brand new computer threw a BSOD at me. Not sure if this has anything to do with the problem, but I tried to go into fullscreen when the BSOD occurred. I have the MEMORY.DMP file, however, I can't seem to attach it...

Advertisements

Tungsten72

Tungsten72

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

If BSOD happen one time no need to worry, you may want to install latest version of graphic card driver.

Thanks, I just updated my drivers. Hopefully that was the problem. Just in case though, I'd like to attach the minidump file to check for any other possible issues if that's ok, but when I try to attach it, it says "Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file"

Is the minidump file the thing you guys would need to check for what caused the problem, or would you need some other file? 

Tungsten72

Tungsten72

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Oh yeah. Here it is...

Attached File  Minidump.zip   119.99KB   204 downloads

Tungsten72

Tungsten72

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

The BSOD cause by Corsair M95 Gaming Mouse, please install latest version of Corsair M95 Gaming Mouse driver.

Driver Update Site: http://www.corsair.c...black.html#tab8

Hmm, well I just downloaded this a couple days ago. Looks like the latest version (1.0.0.14) was last updated in 2013: http://www.corsair.com/en-eu/downloads

So I'm still not sure what the problem is since I'm pretty sure I have the latest drivers, albeit 4 years old. Any ideas?

Tungsten72

Tungsten72

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Looks like latest version of the driver is buggy try previous version of the driver.

Well, would I just be better off getting a new mouse, one that should definitely be compatible with Windows 10 like the Logitech Proteus Spectrum? 

oliverpowell

oliverpowell

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Hi,

I suggest you to go through this http://harddrivefix....eath-means.html  post to get more details about the blue screen of death issue.

I believe it will help you!!