Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MBAMSwissArmy.sys missing error

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Jackson604

Jackson604

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Hello everyone,

I am having the same issue a few others seem to be having here. Found the forum by googling the issue and have followed the instructions up until the point now where it says to post the scan log from FRST program (which I have attatched) If someone could kindly upload a fixlist.txt for me I would be very grateful!

Thank you!

Attached Files

• Attached File  FRST.txt   55.27KB   645 downloads

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hi! My name is zep516 and Welcome to Geekstogo!
I'll do the best I can to resolve your computer issue
Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, don't continue Stop and ask! Never be afraid to ask questions! :)

Download the enclosed => file.Attached File  fixlist.txt   6.41KB   611 downloads Save it in the location FRST64 is.g:\. Run FRST and click on the Fix button. Wait until finished.

The tool will make a log in the location FRST is, (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.

Boot in Normal Mode and let me know the outcome.

Be back a bit later,

please stick around there will be quite a bit more to do. If the computer boots to normal mode please move FRST to the desktop and run a scan again. Post both log reports from FRST.

Jackson604

Jackson604

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Thank you, back on my PC now. I ran FRST again after booting normally. I have attached both that result (and the addition it also created) as well as the fixlog from the fix you provided.

Attached Files

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Thanks,

Clean out your temporary internet files and temp files.
Download TFC by OldTimer http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/TFC.exe to your desktop.
Double-click TFC.exe to run it.
Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator
TFC will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.

* Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process.
* Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two.
* Please let TFC run uninterrupted until it is finished.
Once TFC is finished it should restart your computer. If it does not, please manually restart the computer yourself to ensure a complete cleaning.

Next

Download AdwCleaner from here. Save the file to the desktop.
NOTE: If you are using IE 8 or above you may get a warning that stops the program from downloading. Just click on the warning and allow the download to complete.
Close all open windows and browsers.
  • XP users: Double click the AdwCleaner icon to start the program.
  • Vista/7/8 users: Right click the AdwCleaner icon on the desktop, click Run as administrator and accept the UAC prompt to run AdwCleaner.
    You will see the following console:
iO5EZayK.png
  • Click the Scan button and wait for the scan to finish.
  • After the Scan has finished the window may or may not show what it found and above, in the progress bar, you will see: Pending. Please uncheck elements you don't want to remove.
  • Click the Clean button.
  • Everything checked will be moved to Quarantine.
  • When the program has finished cleaning a report appears.Once done it will ask to reboot, allow this
adwcleaner_delete_restart.jpg
  • On reboot a log will be produced please copy / paste that in your next reply. This report is also saved to C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C0].txt
Next
  • Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your Desktop.
  • Please close your security software to avoid potential conflicts. See Here how to disable you security protection (Anti Virus)
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or 7, right-mouse click it and select Run as administrator.
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete, depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your Desktop and will automatically open.
  • Please post the contents of JRT.txt into your reply.

Jackson604

Jackson604

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I am just heading out for the evening so I will do all of this tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Good enough. See you later.

Joe

Jackson604

Jackson604

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Ok I finished all of those steps, here are the three log files (AdwCleaner created two, I'm not sure if you needed both or no

Attached Files

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello Jackson604,
Warning Low hard drive space on "C" Drive.

Drive c: () (Fixed) (Total:111.57 GB) (Free:2.68 GB) NTFS
Your C drive is running out of space. Windows needs at least 15% free space of the totoal amount of the drive size. In this condition windows up date may fail, system restore may fail, and or the drive may crash. ):
Free up space to create at least 15GB free.

Next

A few items to fix
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system
Open notepad (Start =>All Programs => Accessories => Notepad).
Copy/Paste the contents of the code box below into Notepad.
start
CloseProcesses:
CreateRestorePoint:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = 
HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = 
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = 
HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = 
FF Extension: (No Name) - E:\Programs\TomTom\TomTom HOME 2\xul\extensions\[email protected] [not found]
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-4054164988-2031263807-1777987863-1000_Classes\CLSID\{D70E31AD-2614-49F2-B0FC-ACA781D81F3E}\localserver32 -> C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2010\acad.exe => No File
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-4054164988-2031263807-1777987863-1000_Classes\CLSID\{6D7AE628-FF41-4CD3-91DD-34825BB1A251}\localserver32 -> C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2010\acad.exe /Automation => No File
Task: C:\Windows\Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore.job => C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
Task: C:\Windows\Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore1cf8cf1da1a36f2.job => C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
Task: C:\Windows\Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA.job => C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
Task: C:\Windows\Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA1cf8cf1dd22378b.job => C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
AlternateDataStreams: C:\Users\Brandon\Downloads\cbrreader_setup.exe:BDU [0]
AlternateDataStreams: C:\Users\Brandon\Downloads\chromeinstall-8u45.exe:BDU [0]
AlternateDataStreams: C:\Users\Brandon\Downloads\Odin3 v1.3.exe:BDU [0]
R0 avc3; C:\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\avc3.sys [718840 2013-04-17] (BitDefender)
U5 avchv; C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\avchv.sys [261056 2014-06-08] (BitDefender)
S3 avckf; C:\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\avckf.sys [593144 2013-04-17] (BitDefender)
R1 gzflt; C:\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\gzflt.sys [148696 2013-04-22] (BitDefender LLC)
R0 trufos; C:\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\trufos.sys [382536 2013-05-28] (BitDefender S.R.L.)
CMD: bitsadmin /reset /allusers
CMD: ipconfig /flushdns
Emptytemp:
  • Click Format and ensure Wordwrap is unchecked.
  • Save as Fixlist.txt to your Desktop (Must be in this location)
  • Run FRST/FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If the tool needed a restart please make sure you let the system to restart normally and let the tool completes its run after restart.
  • The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.
Note: If the tool warns you about the version you're using being an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

Jackson604

Jackson604

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Here is the updated fixlog and I have cleared space on the drive

Attached Files

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello,

What are we using for an Anti Virus program ?

Everything is looking ok, but I'd like to see a set of logs before we are done.

Re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST/FRST64) you ran at the very beginning of this topic.
  • Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Make sure you checkmark Addition.txt box.
  • Press Scan button.
  • Scan will create two logs, FRST.txt and Addition.txt in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste them to your reply.

Advertisements

Jackson604

Jackson604

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Here are the scan logs.

I used to use Panda but I wasn't a fan and stopped renewing. I have been a bit lazy since just running free programs and scanners since but I will probably get a new antivirus after this

Attached Files

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello,

If there are no further issues we can close the topic.

In the mean time I would install a free Anti Virus until you decide what you want.

https://www.avast.co...ivirus-download
or
https://support.micr...ntials-download

I might lean towards Avast.

Jackson604

Jackson604

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Thank you for your help! I sent you a donation as well, much appreciated!

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
This will clean up a bit.

Download DelFix by Xplode and save it to your desktop.
  • Run the tool by right click on the 51a5ce45263de-delfix.png icon and Run as administrator option.
  • Make sure that these ones are checked:
    • Remove disinfection tools
    • Purge system restore
    • Reset system settings
  • Push Run.
  • The program will run for a few seconds and display a notepad report.
    Paste it for my review.

Jackson604

Jackson604

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Here is the report

Attached Files