Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unknown computer shown in my network listing

• Please log in to reply

tyro2

tyro2

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

I opened my Windows10 File Explorer and looking in the Network section listed with the computers I see "DESKTOP-OCRL17I". I don't have a computer with that name and when I tried to open it Windows told that it was unable to access. I was given the option to 'diagnose' and did but the only info received was an error code: 0x80070035, network path not found.

I don't remember having seen this listed before but sometimes I'm just not that observant. Could any tell  me if this something normal or do I have a problem?

Advertisements

tyro2

tyro2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Thanks for the reply and yes it is time to change my router password. However, I did find and verify that I had a computer with that name. It was an old laptop that I recently upgraded and reinstalled win10 which then gave itself the mystery name. I changed the name.  Thanks again.

Andresso3

Andresso3

• Pip
  • 9 posts

No idea on it. But interested to learn more about this. Thanks!