Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No 'File' Tab in Microsoft Outlook Mail - Windows 10

File Tab in Outlook Mail

• Please log in to reply

gandog

gandog

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Greetings all - I have a scam email. I want to display the header in order to try to trace and report it. I am using a Lenovo Laptop. Lenovo has pre-programmed key board with the Function keys allocated to other functions like sound control (F3). I am unable to get the header via Ctrl-F3.  Internet advice that I have found - all work via the 'File' Tab in Mail. I am unable to find this - it has been taken out or hidden. Please help if you can - Regards - Gandog (member).

Advertisements

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Hello gandog,

Apparently the Mail app that comes with Windows 10 is very rudimentary and I am not actually sure you can do what you want (at least I have read that you couldn't as at January 2016).

Presumably, you are unable to right-click on the email and then to click 'View Source'?

You could try clicking on reply and then right-clicking on the address you are sending 'to' and then selecting 'show more'.

If that doesn't work, you might have to use some kind of webmail to view the email, or else use another desktop mail program.

Chris.

EDIT Reading your message again, I am actually unclear whether you are using the Windows 10 Mail app, or Microsoft Outlook. You could be using the web version of Outlook, which apparently does not have a File tab. Please see https://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner-user/file-tab-outlook/ and also https://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/locatefeature.htm

Please clarify exactly what program you are using. If using Outlook, please state which version. You might find it helpful to add a screenshot of exactly what you are seeing.

This is all a bit confusing, I am afraid! :(

Edited by Channeal, 16 June 2017 - 12:48 PM.

sam smith

sam smith

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

You can try these hacks to bring ribbon tab visible:

1. Press ctrl+F1.

2. click on any tab and then click on the pin icon in the top-right corner.

3. icon-ribbon-display-options.png click on this icon and it will bring the Ribbon Tab back.