Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FACTORY RESET FAIL

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

buttrcupbaby

buttrcupbaby

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

I recently attempted to factory reset my windows 10 laptop. It's an iView Ultima 13.3 inch convertible laptop with touch screen, 32 gb memory and 4gb ram. Perfect for my lifestyle. I got the virus Trezza and decided to factory reset(if anyone knows what Trezza is thats basically the only way to get rid of it!) but it got unplugged during the re-installation of windows 10, and died overnight. I bought another laptop(different) and I somehow got the virus again, (and no I don't watch "XXX videos" on my laptop). I had an IT person from somewhere walk me though the factory reset and finished with a clean laptop and a USB with windows 10 installation stuff on it. I tried installing windows 10 on my older laptop using the USB and got it working again, but there's no wifi, bluetooth, and the touch screen doesn't react to touch(I'm sure there's more problems I haven't encountered yet). I think it needs "drivers", but I don't know how to get them installed on the computer without wifi(it does not have an Ethernet port). If anyone knows how i could either download and transfer drives using a USB and my secondary computer(tried it, didn't work, probably didn't do it correctly) or how to connect my laptop to the internet some other way to get the drivers that would be amazing. I would really love to get my iView laptop working perfectly again, because its more capable than the one im using now(plus this one's screen is cracked)

Advertisements

buttrcupbaby

buttrcupbaby

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

I'll see if this works and get back to you. Thanks for responding! :)

buttrcupbaby

buttrcupbaby

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

THANK YOU!! i had to search for an extra USB and that took a while but it worked perfectly! thank you so much!!

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi buttrcupbaby,

Welcome to GeeksToGo! :)

I got the virus Trezza and decided to factory reset(if anyone knows what Trezza is thats basically the only way to get rid of it!)

Trezza adware is not as difficult to remove for the experienced malware removal expert as you think.

It is malicious Adware that is usually installed as a malicious browser extension and is classified as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and installed without the user knowing as bundled along side free software. Trezaa adware makes its revenue by displaying “Ads by Trezaa” on all the web pages that you visit. You will also suffer browser redirects with deals and different online saving ads on shopping websites.

We do have an excellent removal team here at GeeksToGo if you ever find yourself in this predicament again, any one of our dedicated experts would be more than happy to help you clean your system to prevent you from having to reset the system back to it's defaults.

Glad you got it sorted with the help from FreeBooter. He is one of the best... :)

Donna :)