Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Black screen and need restart after bigger consumption

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Th3J0k3r

Th3J0k3r

• Pip
  • 3 posts
So i have an laptop ASUS A540LJ-XX612D and i have a big problem.
Every time when something consume a little bit more resources it goes in a black screen and sometimes appear some strange sounds at maximum volume even if the volume is at 1% just not to be stopped.After that i have to restart it and when is restarting appear the BIOS where i have to go to save and exit it or sometime rarely it appear S.M.A.R.T. bad (some error i don't know).

I always having this problem while running one of three games where i found the problem (that games run for about 30-60 secs and the problem appear) in other programs/games is not doing that until i open multiple programs/games at a time like when CPU goes 100% or something... 

Before that i had a problem with Disk Usage always 100% what i repaired with minimizing the maximum processor state to 50% in advanced power plan options and stopping superfetch,BITS and windows search.

I don't know exactly how to find what cause the problem exactly and how to fix it so now i ask here hoping to be lucky and find an solution.

What i tried:
- The solution for 100% Disk Usage written above.
- Malware scan and a full windows reinstall.
- Repairing windows corrupted files with sfc /scannow .
- Scanning for disk errors with command chkdsk .

My specs:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-5005U CPU 2.00 GHz
Installed memory(RAM): 4.00 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Display adapters: Intel® HD Graphics 5500 and NVIDIA GeForce 920M

All my device manager if needed:

Edited by Th3J0k3r, 19 June 2017 - 10:27 AM.

Advertisements

Th3J0k3r

Th3J0k3r

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Well i found the problem and it was the CPU max state at 50% i moved it back to 100% and now is working but with 100% CPU max state now is overheating and the screen is blocking needing a restart (now after restart isn't appearing any error or bios), but is completely random, like now the air from fans is cold then in 5-10 sec is very hot... This happens when laptop is used like staying on facebook or while playing any game, if is idle is not overheating...

Th3J0k3r

Th3J0k3r

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

1. I was said about 50% max processor state the one from advanced power & sleep settings. I was having it on 50% because this problem with overheating.

2. I do what you said and yea it happened again. I restarted the laptop with that settings and ran a game to see if the problem persist and after loading the game and being in a map it stays like 10-15 seconds then the screen started flashing like it was turned off and on then i needed to restart it and again appeared the thing with BIOS, where i have to go and save and exit i don't know why but if i am just closing BIOS without saving it appear again.

3. Now i started to think is a problem with Nvidia Graphic Card because when i have encountered this problem first time (few days after buying the laptop) i was seen a notification from windows before all the laptop freeze with Nvidia Graphic Card (with version detail) has stopped and restarted (or something like that). It's possible this problem to start appearing again.