Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Name / description for links not directly available via a company'

• Please log in to reply

mearc1

mearc1

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi all,

I know very little about IT and need some technical assistance.

Is there a technical / official name to describe links available on a organisation's URL, but not directly linked via their website (i.e. can be located via a google search very easily, but not via a search on the company's website).

The reason I ask, is there is a organisation has made a number of false and misleading advertisements which are very publicly available via google search (and which the public are still accessing) and the organisation believes that there is no legal recourse against them because the advertisements are "directly" available via their website. I wish to do some research to determine whether the company is still liable for the publicly available documents, and I'd be grateful if someone could provide me a name or further information to ensure I am getting my search terms right.

Appreciate any help or advice anyone could provide.

Many thanks,

C

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Defamation Law: The Basics

Angelica12

Angelica12

• PipPip