Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fresh install of every single files on my pc

- - - - - #windows #Howto #fast

• Please log in to reply

Saadhm

Saadhm

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a 1TB HDD as my storage device , I am planning to install an SSD to store my windows OS I am planning to upgrade to Windows 10 . I wanted to know how to remove old OS(Windows 7) from my hdd(without deleting any file other than my Old OS).

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

:welcome:    Saadhm,

I wanted to know how to remove old OS(Windows 7) from my hdd(without deleting any file other than my Old OS). 

Depends on a couple of things what your options are here;

1: Is Windows 7 on its own partition on the present HDD.

2: What type of files are you talking about, music, pictures and videos can be retained but all programs, games and any AV software must be reinstalled under the new OS.

NB: Your thread was moved here as the How-To Guides and Tutorials forum is not where tech or any other assistance is offered.