Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Where to get Word Starter free download for Windows 8

• Please log in to reply

wayneman50

wayneman50

• PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

I have a friend with Windows 8 and his PC does not have Word. I was thinking since my PC came with Word Starter for free that maybe he could download it free from somewhere. I've searched the internet and found several sites that claim to have a free download of Word Starter; I just don't know which if any are trustworthy. Can you recommend something? Thanks.

Advertisements

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Hello wayneman50,

Not sure, but don't think you can officially obtain Word Starter now and cannot personally recommend any of the downloads available.

Take a look at the following link which gives several other alternatives to Word. My daughter uses Open Office and has always said that it is great!

http://www.investint...rdalternatives/

Chris.

GeekSkyler

GeekSkyler

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Open Office is what we use as well. It will open anything Word can open and to me it opens even faster.

Nemesis-Dinu

Nemesis-Dinu

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Office starter or Word Starter is a OEM version and mostly comes with the Image of the OS on a new system , if you reinstall the OS on your computer it will gone forever.

I would suggest you can go for a free alternative of word , or if your friend is professtional user of MS office then can go for Office 365 , i would suggest you have alook @ https://www.o365clou...-is-office-365/

Regards

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
You are replying to a topic from 2017, Nemesis-Dinu. Hopefully, the problem would have been sorted ages ago!

It is a good idea to always check the date of the original post before attempting to help.

Chris.