Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

stuck in battery-saving mode

Best Answer ladislao , 29 June 2017 - 03:31 AM

Solved, or rather, there never was a problem. The icon said economizer-mode even if high performance was on. I had to go to this 'benchmark' website to test that there was a difference. When I swit... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

ladislao

ladislao

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Hello

Today I bought a used hp envy with an i7 4702mq and 16 g of ram.

It runs win 8, and when I click on the batteryicon down in the statusbar, it showes it is in battery saving mode.

I can not click on the battery-saving-mode-icon (when I do nothing happens). When I go to the parameters, (additional power settings or whatever they are called in english) I can choose high performance but when I click again on the battery in the bar in the bottom of the screen, it says I'm still in battery saving mode.

I have been trying to locate HP Power Plan Utility, but my software is in french, and I dont know if I have it or what it is named here (I dont speak french yet)

first thing would be perhaps to change win 10 into english language.

It has a fast processor and I would like to use it. I will always have it connected to a powersupply so batterylife does not matter to me.

I appreciate any help, thanks.

Edited by ladislao, 28 June 2017 - 04:04 PM.

Advertisements

UnloosedCake

UnloosedCake

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

This definitely sounds like a predicament! I've had a few times where people will play jokes and switch the computer language and it's never easy trying to navigate back to the screen.

I did a bit of research and found the following:

• The word for "English" in French is Anglais
  • The word for "language" in French is langue

I would recommend opening up control panel and just searching on either of those terms and seeing if you can google translate the options to find the language settings for the machine.

Hope this helps!

Once you get it switched back to English, post back here and I'll be more than happy to help you try to figure out the source of the slowness!

ladislao

ladislao

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Thanks Cake, I am grateful that you took the time to begin to help me out.

But the language isn't the big issue here, (I speak some italian and french is a bit similar)

The thing is the computer works slower in battery-saving-mode and I would like to switch to high performance.

I went to HP's homepage looking for power management-drivers, but what I found were for win 10 and thus it did comply when I tried to install it.

My other laptop runs win 7, i never wanted to upgrade because of these issues, but with this new one i might do it as something already does not work.

I'll try upgrading first to win 10, hopefullly this will not get me deeper into trouble...

ladislao

ladislao

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
✓  Best Answer

Solved, or rather, there never was a problem. The icon said economizer-mode even if high performance was on. I had to go to this 'benchmark' website to test that there was a difference. When I switch on battery-saving mode in energy parameters, the fps drops to 30 with 1000 fishes while in high performance mode it stays at 60 fps.

Here is the website: https://people-mozil...ishbowl-gl.html

quite neat btw