Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Migrate Apple Mail Offline emails to Windows Outlook

email windows outlook apple mail mac osx migration

Best Answer coreyyfontana , 05 July 2017 - 05:49 PM

Hello, I am looking for a solution to import apple mail files in Windows outlook on my windows system not outlook 2011 for mac. However, based on your answer I looked around for some more solu... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

coreyyfontana

coreyyfontana

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello everyone,

A while back for security reasons I backed up all my emails on my hard drive with the help of export function in Apple Mail. Exporting the email files created a single .mbox file on my hard drive (approx 27GB). Now as my mac is too old now and I have switched over to Windows system, I needed to know how can I import this .mbox file in my windows outlook. I am using the latest version of Office 365 but I couldn't make out how to import this apple mail exported file into windows outlook. I have some import emails and attachments that I need to access now and will also need in future. Please help.

Advertisements

UnloosedCake

UnloosedCake

Freshman

• GeekU Freshman
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

I found these steps that you can try:

1. Copy the .mbox file to your Mac. A USB flash drive or an external hard drive is probably the easiest way to do that.
  2. On your Mac, in Outlook 2011, select "Outlook 2011 -> File -> Import" menu command.
  3. Select "Contacts or messages from a Text file" option.
  4. Click on 'Continue' (Right arrow button).
  5. Select "Import messages from an MBOX-format text file".
  6. Click on 'Continue' (Right arrow button)
  7. Select the MBOX file(s) you'd like to import. (If you are unable to select MBOX files because they are greyed out, please see the next section).
  8. Click on "Import" button.
  9. Click on "Finish" button.
  10. You will find the imported mailboxes under "ON MY COMPUTER". (Note: If "ON MY COMPUTER" section is in collapsed mode, click on the triangle next to it to expand it).

I found them on this website, if this doesn't solve your problem you can try the additional steps there.

coreyyfontana

coreyyfontana

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
✓  Best Answer

Hello, I am looking for a solution to import apple mail files in Windows outlook on my windows system not outlook 2011 for mac. However, based on your answer I looked around for some more solutions online and found this thread with similar query: https://discussions..../thread/5742015

an application called apple mail to pst converter (http://applemailtopst.com/) is capable of doing such migration. Thanks for help anyways.

UnloosedCake

UnloosedCake

Freshman

• GeekU Freshman
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Glad you were able to find the solution! I'm sorry that I misunderstood your original problem, let us know if we can be of any additional assistance!