Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CPU overheating... I think... Maybe not?

Best Answer MightyPotato , 06 July 2017 - 02:49 PM

I had only turned my pc on to look at this forum and look for updates, at one point as i was watching the HW monitors i saw my temperature at 55 just as my pc shut down and windows failed to start.... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
So far I've used a laser thermometer and found that the reading on HWMonitor are about 10 degrees higher than actual, i've gotten an old , 

Dont forget that the point at which the HWMonitor software is getting the information from is on the MB and not from the CPU, CoreTemp is the sensor on the processor itself while CPUTIN is the motherboard CPU temp sensor.

Did you ever get around to trying another PSU.

I've talked to multiple people that claimed to be professionals, one of which tried to charge me him "reinstalling windows" 

Only a "professional conman" would even suggest reinstalling Windows to fix a hardware issue  :ranting:

Advertisements