Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

All File transfers hang. No virus!

• Please log in to reply

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

Click on one of your pictures on this page then on Edit My Profile.  Now click on Manage Attachments.  It should say

You have used xMB of 20MB. 

If x is close to 20 then you have used up your allocation.  You will need to delete old attachments.  Click in the box to the right of any attachments you want to delete then hit Delete Selected.

When testing the USB ports you don't really need Latency Monitor unless they give you very low results on the test.

Advertisements

hmp3

hmp3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

I did the following Latency Monirot & USBDeview speed tests with Network Adaptor Enabled.

I captured the results of the 2nd speed test for each port (first was skipped because the test is drastically slower after the first test).

I did the test in the following order: nearest port (top of PC) to furtherst away (rear) and re-captured the nearest one more time to see if the nearest port is slower after doing all the others.

Attached File  1.txt   10.32KB   131 downloadsAttached File  2.txt   10.3KB   125 downloadsAttached File  3.txt   10.04KB   137 downloadsAttached File  4.txt   37bytes   128 downloadsAttached File  5.txt   10.27KB   125 downloadsAttached File  6.txt   10.31KB   125 downloadsAttached File  1 again.txt   10.3KB   134 downloads

Edited by phickspc, 17 November 2018 - 06:51 AM.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

Your Reads are better than mine in every case.  Your Writes seem to decline when something causes page faults but I would say all ports are setting up at USB 2.0.  Did you happen to look in USBDeview to see if it thought they were USB 2.0?

hmp3

hmp3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Yeah, when I previously moved my usb drive around the ports.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

Try your printer again.  Does it still show as USB 1.1?

hmp3

hmp3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

In USBDeview, Printer still shows as USB1.10, and when I plug a usb drive into the port, it changes to USB 2.10

hmp3

hmp3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

In USBDeview, Printer still shows as USB1.10, and when I plug a usb drive into the port, it changes to USB 2.10

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

Any chance of plugging the printer into another computer and checking it with USBdeview?

hmp3

hmp3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Checked it with my XP laptop.

Usbpen drive shows as 2.10 whichever port I use.

Printer shows as usb 1.10 whichever port I use.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

So it would appear that USB 1.1 is all you can get.  How old is the printer?

We can see from our USB speedtest and Latency Monitor that writes can be slowed drastically by Page Faults and I would think that when you send something to the printer that is really just a Write.  You might try Latency Monitor while trying to print and see if Page Faults are a problem.

I'm still wondering why you don't have the intel iastor driver which is normally used by intel systems to control the hard drive.  Let try HD Tune:

HD Tune

https://www.lifewire...-review-2624561

Actual download is at:

http://www.hdtune.co.../hdtune_255.exe

Download, Save, right click and Run As Admin.  Run the Benchmark test and report your min, max & average transfer times.  Ideally the graph would be flat or slightly tilted to the right.  On a bad drive you will see sharp drops.  The fewer programs running at the same time the better.  Pause your anti-virus.

Advertisements

hmp3

hmp3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

USBDrive HD Tune Read Benchmark.jpg

I couldn't perform write test, it said "cannot read"

hmp3

hmp3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Do I really need to print something or can I use the speechware tablemike(also usb1) which also has an sd-card reader and a usb port in it.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

Did you right click and Run as Admin?

You can try the speechware tablemike if you want.

hmp3

hmp3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

The first benchmark was done using HD tune 5.00, under read. But even run as admin, I couldn't start the write test due to 'read error'.

I downloaded the 2.55 version which doesn't have a separate read and write benchmark.

Pendrive HDTune Benchmark.jpg

So how do you want me to test my tablemike, do you want me to run a latency monitor by itelf with a drive transfer plugged in (either a usb pen drive or an sd card) or with a speed test?

Btw, my Epson Stylus D92 Printer was released in 2007.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

Sorry.  Didn't know about version 5.  Always used 2.55.

Actually I wanted you to test your C: drive.  This looks like a USB drive.

For reference purposes here is one of my USB drives.

hdtune2.JPG

My old style C: drive averages 130+ MB/s with a burst rate of 227 MB/S

hdtune.JPG