Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

All File transfers hang. No virus!

• Please log in to reply

hmp3

hmp3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

This one installed:

INF Update Utility - Primarily for Intel® 6, 5, 4, 3, 900 Series Chipsets - Zip Format

This zip file downloads the INF Update Utility version 9.2.0.1030, primarily for the Intel® 6, 5, 4, 3, and 900 Series Chipsets.

Software Applications Windows 7, 32-bit*
Windows 7, 64-bit*
Windows Vista 32*
6 more 9.2.0.1030
Latest 4/21/2011

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Any improvement in the usb?

hmp3

hmp3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Phone sd card still xfers at 8-10mb/s via usb2 port.

Plugging in scanner still warns about usb2 scanner only peforming at usb1 speed

Edited by phickspc, 07 March 2018 - 06:12 PM.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Right click on Computer and select Manage and then Device Manager then View, Show Hidden Drivers.  Now look in the right pane for yellow flagged devices.  Right click on one and select properties then click on the Details tab.  Change Property to Hardware IDs.  Click on the top one then right click and copy.  Paste that into a reply.  Repeat for all yellow flagged devices.

If there are no yellow flagged devices then find the Universal Serial Bus Controllers and give the the same info for Host Controller and the USB Root Hub

hmp3

hmp3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

No yellow flagged devices.

Also none in Universal Serial Bus Controllers).

However, noticed after right-clicking each USB Root Hub items> under Power tab they say: "Hub is operating at Full Speed".

Except the bottom two which say: "Hub is operating at Half Speed".

Intel® ICH10 Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 3A3A

Intel® ICH10 Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 3A3C

I haven't connected any 'hubs/extenders' as such.

Correction regarding the two items I mentioned as running at half speed, I meant to say "Hub is operating at High Speed".

Edited by phickspc, 09 March 2018 - 04:21 PM.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

On mine when I go to Power it tells me what is connected to that hub and how much power each item requires.  When I go to Advanced it says the hub is operating at half speed but there is a Reset button and when I press it it changes to Full Speed.

While you are in Properties, click on Power Management and make sure the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power is not checked.

hmp3

hmp3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

On mine when I go to Power it tells me what is connected to that hub and how much power each item requires.  When I go to Advanced it says the hub is operating at half speed but there is a Reset button and when I press it it changes to Full Speed.

While you are in Properties, click on Power Management and make sure the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power is not checked.

Oops the two items I mentioned as running at half speed, I meant to say "Hub is operating at High Speed".

Clicking to "Reset Hub" doesn't change the speed description.

I checked, and can confirm that Power Management option to turn off device is unchecked.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

https://www.techrepu...osoft-usb-view/

If you download and save USB View from the above site

Direct link to the download is:

http://www.ftdichip....ies/usbview.zip

(Page won't change but the file will be downloaded)

then right click and Extract All, Extract then right click and Run As Admin it will tell you whether you have USB 1.1 or 2 ports.  He explains how to tell the difference near the bottom of the page.

hmp3

hmp3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

USBView doesn't show Standard OpenHCD/StandardEnhanced PCI to USB Host Controller

PC was bought in 2008, should all be USB 2.0.

USBView Screenshot.jpg

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

I see two Enhanced USB Controllers with nothing plugged in and it looks like you are using an external USB Hub for your connections which is not plugged into one of the Enhanced ports.  Have you tried connecting directly to other USB ports?  Are you sure the external USB hub is 2.0?

Advertisements

hmp3

hmp3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

I have 6 ports at back and 2 on top of my Coolermaster Mid-Tower Case.

After repeatedly plugging in and unplugging my usb scanner in rear ports and on top, eventually it runs at USB2 speed, but not without initial repeated warnings that it will run at half-speed (in which case the scanner would in fact take double the time to scan something).

I also noticed that whenever removing any device whether its esata, or usb, via right click in system tray, it would take almost 60seconds before it shows the 'it is safe to remove now' message.

Now with USBView open, I plugged a usb drive into both my top usb ports, and saw that they are both showing up in the 3A3C.

And yes, when I connect my scanner via either of the ports on top of my case (which according to usbview are both 3A3C), if I ignore the 'your device can run faster' message, the device runs really slowly, but if I continue reconnecting multiple times, then the device runs at the normal speed.

Btw, when you say USB Hub, I assme you mean some sort of expander hub accessory. I don't own one of these. I'm not using a single USB port to share multiple devices.

Edited by phickspc, 12 March 2018 - 08:23 AM.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Look at loc51.  It appears to be a hub since it shows 511, 512, 513 , 514.  That's what my external hub looks like so there is something in your box which is acting like a hub.  Maybe a card?

Have we run the System Update Readiness Tool?  Sometimes it will find things that SFC doesn't.

This link is for 64 bit:
https://www.microsof...s.aspx?id=20858

This one for 32 bit:
https://www.microsof...ls.aspx?id=3132

There should be a log under C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log

This is a hidden location so you may need to tell Windows to let you see it:

http://www.howtogeek...-windows-vista/

hmp3

hmp3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

It asked me to install 'hotfix for windows (KB947821), would you like me to go ahead with this?

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

yes.

hmp3

hmp3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Installed that hotfix, then waited for the rest of the procedure, but still no change.

Log:

=================================
Checking System Update Readiness.
Binary Version 6.1.7601.22471
Package Version 26.0
2018-03-13 15:14

Checking Windows Servicing Packages

Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs

Checking Package Watchlist

Checking Component Watchlist

Checking Packages

Checking Component Store