Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fujitsu Display SL27T-1 LED (Solved)

Fujitsu SL27T-1 monitor sleep problem

Best Answer phillpower2 , 10 July 2017 - 03:17 PM

JoelKeskinen, Are you sure that it is the screen that is having problems and not something else, the video card or the video cable etc. Do you have another screen you can try... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

JoelKeskinen

JoelKeskinen

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi!

I've been having this problem for some time now and I thought I'd ask if there was a possible fix for it. 

I have a Fujitsu Display SL27T-1 LED, it worked fine for a long time, but then it suddenly decided that it was too tired or whatnot, and decided not to wake up on its own. 

Example:

1. I start up a game.

2. Screen switches to full screen mode.

3. Screen is black for a second and a half.

4. Screen goes to sleep.

5. Screen doesn't wake up like it should (pressing any key).

6. Have to restart monitor from monitors power button.

[7. Also screen turns black for a few seconds when trying to watch some videos (doesn't have to be a full screen video).] 

The monitor has no warranty and it isn't worth having being sent out and repaired.

System Specs:

Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Intel Core i5-3570K

Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 Ti

8 GB RAM

SSD

2xHDD

Thanks in advance, Joel

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts
✓  Best Answer

:welcome:   JoelKeskinen,

Are you sure that it is the screen that is having problems and not something else, the video card or the video cable etc.

Do you have another screen you can try to see if the problem is the same.

Have you checked that your video cable is in good condition and that the connections are secure (finger tighten only).

Can you post the brand and model name or number of your motherboard for us.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday.

A couple of other tests to try.

Boot up in Safe Mode, result?

Remove the GPU and connect to the MB ports, result?

JoelKeskinen

JoelKeskinen

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

My apologies for forgetting to mention, that my monitor is connected via hdmi-cable. 

I do not, unfortunately, have another monitor with a hdmi-port.

My motherboards make and model is Asrock Z77 Extreme4, with no hdmi-port.

I restarted in safe mode and it seems that screen doesn't turn black during full screen video mode, does this mean that the GPU is to blame?

As the screen did not turn black during full screen mode in safe mode, I could not test if the monitor wakes up properly after sleep.

Thanks.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts
My motherboards make and model is Asrock Z77 Extreme4, with no hdmi-port.

Odd as your MB specs here say the board has a HDMI port   :headscratch:

I restarted in safe mode and it seems that screen doesn't turn black during full screen video mode, does this mean that the GPU is to blame?

Possibly a driver issue, what is the actual brand name of the GTX 660 Ti, ASUS, Gigabyte MSI etc or is it an actual Nvidea card.

No need for any apology btw, we understand that computer issues can be both stressful and drive people nuts  :(

JoelKeskinen

JoelKeskinen

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I must apologies again, for I am blind. Yes it does indeed have an hdmi-port.

I have to attend my mother-in-laws birthday party, but I will test switching the cable to my MB when I get back home and report back here the results.

I believe my GPU brand to be Gigabyte. I will verify this tonight and post back.

Thanks.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

No rush here, you go enjoy the celebrations  :thumbsup:

I will test switching the cable to my MB when I get back home and report back here the results.

Unfortunately it is not as easy as just switching video ports, the add on card has to be removed from the MB else you will not get any display, see info here to see if it helps any. 

JoelKeskinen

JoelKeskinen

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello again.

I have verified my GPU to be a Gigabyte card.
I have also removed said GPU and plugged my hdmi-cable into my MB and the problem, unfortunately, still persists.

I have rummaged through my possessions and found a working hdmi-cable.
Alas, you genius gentlemen have solved my problem. It seems the simplest solution was the correct one. The hdmi-cable was faulty.
I sincerely thank you gentlemen.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Thanks's for updating and concluding your topic. Great Phillpower2's tip solved the issue. 

You are very welcome :thumbsup:

Good luck. 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

Likewise, glad you got it sorted and thank you for letting us know that all is now well with your computer  :thumbsup: