Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Strange thing to deal with?

• Please log in to reply

DarthSithius

DarthSithius

• Pip
  • 2 posts
This is weird but bare with me. Recently I just restored my computer. I redownload everything I had on there once before, boy that took a long time. I eventually got everything back on. I myself am a game person so I have couple games installed. Well, recently files that I had previously downloaded, that were once perfect and fresh files, have become corrupted, when i run games, I get errors that I have never gotten before(relating to bad files). My Norton Anti Virus isn't updating everything that it should stating something about, ONCE again, bad files. I dunno whats going on but I think something was in my computer infecting my stuff. So I run norton(with not the FULL Update) and I get nothing, I follow the cleaning that is posted under the area where you clean your computer before you run a Hijackthis log. I came up with some stuff on Ad-aware buts thats about it. This may seem strange but if anyone knows what im dealing with, plz reply. I also get something about Nulware.exe and a black window pops up on my screen. It might be from the cracks I used for some of my programs.

Edited by DarthSithius, 17 June 2005 - 08:09 PM.

Advertisements

sarah_hynes

sarah_hynes

• Pip
  • 4 posts
my suggestion is what would now appear to be the answer to most of my replies. go onto google and ask it to find spybot. if your a doctor who fan i can explain the programme like a darlec 'search and desrtoy'. basicly the programme will remove anything that your computer shouldnt have, e.g. viruses, trojans ect.

hope this helps you if not come back and i will offer any help i can. :tazz: