Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Access issue

• Please log in to reply

Shorty1967

Shorty1967

• Pip
  • 1 posts

What would cause Access to change the name of a field in a query to include the table?  I created a query (qryAssessingKit_B) that takes the data from another query (qryAssessingKit_A). When I look at it in datasheet view the field names become:

qryAssessingKit_A.name of field

Instead of just name of field.

I have never experienced this in other databases I have created and am wondering if it is a setting somewhere that I cannot seem to find.  My brain is telling me I have something going that Access doesn't like, but I've done queries like this before and didn't have this particular issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

Hi,

I don't work with access for a very long time but if I remember correctly that could happen if you have the same name of field in more than one table/query in that case access adds the source name to ID the correct field.