Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Acer I-5 Laptop Screen Broke; HDMI to 40" screen need to jiggle in

broken laptop screen hdmi

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

mikesullivan777

mikesullivan777

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Title: Acer I-5 Laptop Screen Broke; HDMI to 40" screen need to jiggle into port for 20 min. on average & turn tv off & on etc. to get Desktop screen-help:)

Background: my laptop screen broke over a year ago for the above brand and speed of laptops.

I run a relatively new HDMI cable into my 40 inch (non smart TV) flat screen which shows my computer desktop screen and all the logos including google chrome and the bottom right with the date & time & internet connection etc.

Often and this is frustrating...I have to take out the HDMI cable and put it back in because my screen which is on HDMI-1 says the message "no signal"

It's like pot luck where I randomly try pulling out the HDMI cable into my laptop's port and then pushing it in....sometimes halfway it works sometimes it don't.

Then I might have to pull my laptop monitor screen down and close it onto the keyboard of my laptop then flip it open where I see the orange reboot key on my computer that turns blue when turned on.

I was wondering if I can permanently fix this problem than take my chances each day trying different things sometimes turning off my TV then turning it on...?

I spend way too much time on this: an average of 20 minutes to just get the desktop on my screen so I can type in my password on the home screen instead I see that nagging "no signal" for 20 minutes.

As an aside, I find that putting on a Youtube video and then "looping" it around and around would prevent the laptop "desk top / home screen," from disappearing

I really don't want to buy a new screen for my make and model off Ebay, but if I do how much am I looking at in terms of parts and average labor?

Thanx in advance, for any constructive help.

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

Duplicate post, original post being dealt with here:

http://www.geekstogo...op-screen-help/