Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How to uninstall a program after an interrupted installation

• Please log in to reply

tguan

tguan

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I am having an issue with the program AURA, which allows me to sync the rgb effects of my video card with my motherboard. When I tried installing it, I directed the download onto my HDD instead of my SSD. It was installing and it suddenly seemed to get stuck. I tried to cancel the process and it simply wouldn't let me. Then I rebooted my PC, I went to Programs to uninstall AURA, but it would not let me. I tried to manually delete all the files that installation wizard had installed. Below are the screenshots that appear when I try to uninstall with Programs and Features, AURA still appears in my listed programs

When I try to install it again, it instead asks me if I want to 'confirm uninstall'. So basically, the last two screenshots also show what happens when I try to install the program again.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_2.png
  • Screenshot_3.png
  • Screenshot_4.png

Edited by tguan, 23 July 2017 - 05:01 AM.

Advertisements

seotoolscentre

seotoolscentre

• Pip
  • 1 posts

If you are unable to remove it from windows. Just go to C drive and then into program files and find this program files. and delete all the files. It's done.

Steven145

Steven145

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Yes You can Uninstall any Program from Control Panel then click on Add and Remove Program, then a list of all programs in your system will be appear, Just click on the program icon which you want to Uninstall, After that click on uninstall Button the Uninstalling Process begins, it will take few minutes or depends upon the Program Size. So Don't worry all files will be deleted with this Process. And If you need some surfessay help then have a look on it.