Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Sign Into Visual Studio To Activate Product

Visual Studio Software Installation .net

• Please log in to reply

coolguyace

coolguyace

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

I have looked all over the internet, I have not seen anyone else have a problem remotely to this. I probably can't search for the right thing, but I'm about to pay someone to figure this out, because I'm completely lost. I had this problem for a year, and I need it on this computer.

On my personal computer, I have Windows 10 and there's this new thing with all versions of Visual Studio where you have to sign in with a Microsoft account. I tried 2015 and 2017, and in desperation 2012 also. I don't want 2010, I'm trying to upgrade, I actually need 2017.

I attached the screen shot that shows exactly what I'm seeing. Basically this sign in page isn't working. I can't remember how, but I even captured the URL that the blank white window is suppose to display, I was able to pull it up in the web browser. So I'm assuming that maybe javascript is disabled in that window or I have no idea what this could be.

I will also mention visual studio finished a 30 day trial where it worked fine, I might have had a different version then of 2017, but I just need Community 2017.

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.PNG

Edited by coolguyace, 26 July 2017 - 07:21 PM.

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

Hi,

Reset Internet Explorer and then try again. I had a similar problem with Office 365 activation and the reset solved the problem.

https://www.tenforum...ndows-10-a.html

coolguyace

coolguyace

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Thank you so much! Before I saw this answer because I forgot about my post for a while, busy man, my IE returned automatically. I'm not sure if I had to enable my Javascript in IE, but I did it as soon as I noticed that my IE returned somehow.

Tommy04736354

Tommy04736354

• Pip
  • 3 posts

When I was a student it was hard for me during exams. And only now I learned about nootropics (https://modafinilxl.com/). And this is a salvation during the submission of reports at work.