Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Worst Viruses I've Seen Yet?

Virus Malware Help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Zaneq

Zaneq

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Let me start off by saying I do not know the origin of these Viruses, it may of been installed during the installation of one of my Programs.

These Viruses seem to help each other in a way, I don't know how. They disable every single anti-virus as it says "this resource is in use" I can not use Rkill or anything to temporarily disable the antivirus either. It disable my option to reset my PC. I can not do anything in safe mode as the antivirus software still have "this resource is in use" and the virus disable my internet in safemode even with the networking option on. I cannot rename the files and try to delete them either. They also restrict my ability to disable them on startup, I can see them and I press disable and it does NOTHING. I've practically tried everything and nothing is working.

Here's the names of the viruses or malware or whatever they are I've found: svcvmx.exe, and cpx.

One thing though WEBROOT was able to get through the viruses and it said it found malware but when it removes it, it doesn't really remove it... I guess it may of been something else.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Hi! My name is zep516 and Welcome to Geekstogo!
I'll do the best I can to resolve your computer issue
Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, don't continue Stop and ask! Never be afraid to ask questions! :)

It's a rootkit. Lets see if MBAR will remove it. Also there maybe up to 1600 files of malware installed, so if Malwarebytes Anti rootkit freezes or goes unresponding let it stay in that state for a while.
  • Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit and save the file to your Desktop.
  • Right-Click MBAR.exe and select AVOiBNU.jpgRun as administrator to run the installer.
  • Select your Desktop as the location to extract the contents and click OK. The programme should open upon completion.
  • Click Next, followed by Update. Upon update completion, click Next.
  • Ensure Drivers, Sectors & System are checked and click Scan.
  • Note: Do not use your computer during the scan.
  • Upon completion:
    • If no infection is found, close the MBAR window.
    • If an infection is found, ensure Create Restore Point is checked and click Cleanup. Reboot when prompted.
  • Two logs (mbar-log.txt and system-log.txt) will be created. Copy the contents of both logs and paste in your next reply. Both logs can be found in the MBAR folder.

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts

User is being served also at BC.

https://www.bleeping...ivity&mid=57930

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Thank you.

This topic will now close to all further replies since the user is being addressed at another forum.

Ticket closed. 7/28/2017 @ 1320 hours.

Joe