Recently I needed to install a voice pack for Balabolka ( a " text to speech " type of software ) and now apparently I infected my computer with malware.
As soon as I pressed " run " on the voice pack to start the installation, it installed itself fast and then closed.
This happens only in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox doesnt have this problem.
Basically, when I try to search something ( Google is my default search engine ), there's a " Go.Redirectro.com " text that shows up just before I get redirected to Yahoo search bar.
When I select some text I get a new window ( ads ), but fortunately AdBlockerPlus deals with it and shuts it immediately.
However, there are some ads that ABP just cant deal with, just like the ones I get when browsing this forum ( I cant even see threads/ sections, I only see ads, see the picture attached bellow ).
I also often get a " Error: can't open redirects.log file (webmaster800H)
1) cron is not working (read FAQ)
2) there is no urls in this scheme
3) there is no such scheme or user " error
What I tried to do is:
- Ran a full scan with Avast ( startup scan too ), nothing found
- Ran a full scan with MalwareBytes, malwares were found and removed ( but I still have this ads and redirections problem on Google Chrome only )
- Used Rkill, nothing found.
- Used the Google Malware Removal Tool, nothing found
- Reset Google Chrome, still the same
Also, there is nothing left in the extensions list on my browser, just like there is nothing related to this in the Control Panel installed programs area.
This is very annoying and I dont know what else I could do to fix this problem, I would really appreciate getting some help here.
Edited by Vladimir123, 28 July 2017 - 08:28 AM.