Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Brand New PC Super Slow!

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply

Miltn

Miltn

• Pip
  • 1 posts

First off all, my specs:

- Nvidia GIGABYTE Geforce GT 1030 GPU
- Intel Pentium G4400 3.3ghz dual core CPU
- 1x8GB ram 2133mhz
-450W Corsair VS PSU
- ASUS H110M-C Motherboard
- TOSHIBA 1TB L200 Bulk 
- Deepcool tesseract blablabla 1080p monitor etc

Bat file I used:

https://onedrive.liv...Id=root&o=OneUp

So I just got my new pc and forgot my windows but I used an activator/bat file (Link above and avg says it fine) and it worked fine (Home 10 64 Bit), or at least I thought, It says ''windows is activated using your organization's activation service''.

So I think this is the the reason why my fps is horrible in games like gta v Just Cause 3 etc I get only 20-30 fps in 600x480 wich is worse then my last/worse pc... 

Could this be why its so slow? I could just buy windows 10 product key and live a happy gaming life! But I don't want to do it if Im not sure

PS: yes I am stupid 

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

:welcome:   Miltn,

Nvidia GIGABYTE Geforce GT 1030 GPU

Your 64-bit video card is not suitable for gaming and is best suited for office/school type work etc, it is well below the spec required for the games that you mention in your OP; a 256-bit card would be best but if on a budget a 128-bit card on lower settings would get you by.

So I just got my new pc and forgot my windows but I used an activator/bat file 

Was Windows 10 pre installed on the computer, if yes then there was no need to use any activator/bat file.

I could just buy windows 10 product key and live a happy gaming life! But I don't want to do it if Im not sure

As explained above your video card is not up to the required specification but regardless of this you must always use a legitimate Windows product key and the same for any other software that requires the purchase of an appropriate software licence.