Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows not running properly

• Please log in to reply

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

Extract All on the sfcfix.zip to c:\temp

so its files are available.  Then delete the sfcfix.zip file.  Then run sfcfix.exe again

Advertisements

Bosscoe

Bosscoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

SFCFix version 3.0.0.0 by niemiro.
Start time: 2017-08-07 09:10:57.041
Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 - amd64
Not using a script file.

AutoAnalysis::
WARNING: Failed to get store name from identity name with return code 2 for component prnhp004.inf and file Amd64\hpc4500t.dll. File is reported as corrupt by SFC.
CORRUPT: Amd64\hpc4500t.dll of component prnhp004.inf.

WARNING: Failed to get store name from identity name with return code 2 for component prnhp004.inf and file Amd64\hpb8500t.dll. File is reported as corrupt by SFC.
CORRUPT: Amd64\hpb8500t.dll of component prnhp004.inf.

WARNING: Failed to get store name from identity name with return code 2 for component prnhp004.inf and file Amd64\hpb8500t.vdf. File is reported as corrupt by SFC.
CORRUPT: Amd64\hpb8500t.vdf of component prnhp004.inf.

WARNING: Failed to get store name from identity name with return code 2 for component prnca00b.inf and file Amd64\CNBJ3460.TBL. File is reported as corrupt by SFC.
CORRUPT: Amd64\CNBJ3460.TBL of component prnca00b.inf.

WARNING: Failed to get store name from identity name with return code 2 for component prnca00b.inf and file Amd64\CNBJ3030.TBL. File is reported as corrupt by SFC.
CORRUPT: Amd64\CNBJ3030.TBL of component prnca00b.inf.

WARNING: Failed to get store name from identity name with return code 2 for component prnep00l.inf and file Amd64\EP0LVRA5.DLL. File is reported as corrupt by SFC.
CORRUPT: Amd64\EP0LVRA5.DLL of component prnep00l.inf.

WARNING: Failed to get store name from identity name with return code 2 for component prnsh002.inf and file Amd64\SH_1_RES.DLL. File is reported as corrupt by SFC.
CORRUPT: Amd64\SH_1_RES.DLL of component prnsh002.inf.

WARNING: Failed to get store name from identity name with return code 2 for component prnhp005.inf and file Amd64\hpfvp6en.rpo. File is reported as corrupt by SFC.
CORRUPT: Amd64\hpfvp6en.rpo of component prnhp005.inf.

WARNING: Failed to get store name from identity name with return code 2 for component prnhp005.inf and file Amd64\hp8500at.dll. File is reported as corrupt by SFC.
CORRUPT: Amd64\hp8500at.dll of component prnhp005.inf.

WARNING: Failed to get store name from identity name with return code 2 for component prnbr002.inf and file Amd64\brio06ab.bcm. File is reported as corrupt by SFC.
CORRUPT: Amd64\brio06ab.bcm of component prnbr002.inf.

WARNING: Failed to get store name from identity name with return code 2 for component prnhp003.inf and file Amd64\hpfspw71.rpo. File is reported as corrupt by SFC.
CORRUPT: Amd64\hpfspw71.rpo of component prnhp003.inf.

WARNING: Failed to get store name from identity name with return code 2 for component prnca00a.inf and file Amd64\CNBJ3260.TBL. File is reported as corrupt by SFC.
CORRUPT: Amd64\CNBJ3260.TBL of component prnca00a.inf.

WARNING: Failed to get store name from identity name with return code 2 for component ntprint.inf and file Amd64\UNIDRV.DLL. File is reported as corrupt by SFC.
CORRUPT: Amd64\UNIDRV.DLL of component ntprint.inf.

WARNING: File C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-systemcpl_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_e2dcde6fbc50dc4f\systemcpl.dll was not backed up as that would replace the current backup.
FIXED: Corruption at C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-systemcpl_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_e2dcde6fbc50dc4f\systemcpl.dll has been successfully repaired from C:\Windows\System32\systemcpl.dll.
WARNING: File C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-powershell_31bf3856ad364e35_7.1.7601.16398_none_4c74c95d487eb914\types.ps1xml was not backed up as that would replace the current backup.
FIXED: Corruption at C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-powershell_31bf3856ad364e35_7.1.7601.16398_none_4c74c95d487eb914\types.ps1xml has been successfully repaired from C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\types.ps1xml.

CORRUPT: C:\Windows\winsxs\msil_microsoft.powershell.commands.management_31bf3856ad364e35_7.1.7601.16398_none_e2fdfab6146517b0\Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.Management.dll

SUMMARY: Some corruptions could not be fixed automatically. Seek advice from helper or sysnative.com.
   CBS & SFC total detected corruption count:     16
   CBS & SFC total unimportant corruption count:  0
   CBS & SFC total fixed corruption count:        2
   SURT total detected corruption count:          0
   SURT total unimportant corruption count:       0
   SURT total fixed corruption count:             0
AutoAnalysis:: directive completed successfully.

Successfully processed all directives.
SFCFix version 3.0.0.0 by niemiro has completed.
Currently storing 16 datablocks.
Finish time: 2017-08-07 09:13:44.335
----------------------EOF-----------------------

EDIT: Not sure if this helps but I have a missing folder in %WinDir%\WinSxS\Temp "PendingDeletes", I only have "PendingRenames" in this folder.

Edited by Bosscoe, 06 August 2017 - 06:44 PM.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

PendingDeletes is a hidden system file but the easy way to see if it is there is to go to Temp and create a new folder called PendingDeletes.  If it let's you create it then it wasn't there and you have fixed the problem.  If you can't create it then it's hiding.

I think I'm in over my head.  Might be better (and faster) for you to register with SysNative and post in this forum:  https://www.sysnativ...windows-update/

They are the inventors of the sfcfix program and haven't shared the instructions with us.

If they get your sfc fixed then come back and we can work on it some more.

Bosscoe

Bosscoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

PendingDeletes is a hidden system file but the easy way to see if it is there is to go to Temp and create a new folder called PendingDeletes.  If it let's you create it then it wasn't there and you have fixed the problem.  If you can't create it then it's hiding.

I think I'm in over my head.  Might be better (and faster) for you to register with SysNative and post in this forum:  https://www.sysnativ...windows-update/

They are the inventors of the sfcfix program and haven't shared the instructions with us.

If they get your sfc fixed then come back and we can work on it some more.

Alright will do now, thank you for your help so far. Will keep you posted.

Bosscoe

Bosscoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Alright good news and bad news. Good news: no more corrupt files yay! Bad news: Normal mode (non paged pool)still running at 87% memory usage. No internet connection, and can't really get programs to run in normal mode.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

That was quick.  I'm going to sign up with sysnative to learn how to do that.

Right click on Computer and select Device Manager

Find each network adapter.  Right click and Uninstall.

Reboot.  

Windows should find the adapter and reinstall the driver.  Sometimes that will fix it.

Does speccy still not work?

Bosscoe

Bosscoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Good news, bad news.

Good news: I was able to uninstall the network adapter, while I was in normal mode everything was running fine. Speccy works fine, etc...

Bad news: Once the network adapter was reinstalled the non-paged pool jumped back up again and everything went haywire again.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

So the network adapter is the problem.  We need an older version of the driver.  

Try

http://support.lenov...nloads/ds030627

If that doesn't help then disable the driver and order a USB network adapter 

Amazon has one for about $10:

AmazonBasics USB 2.0 to 10/100 Ethernet LAN Network Adapter

Walmart has one for the same price 

Mignova 3-Port USB 2.0 Hub to LAN 100Mbps Ethernet RJ45 Network Adapter for Laptop PC

Bosscoe

Bosscoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

So the network adapter is the problem.  We need an older version of the driver.  

Try

http://support.lenov...nloads/ds030627

If that doesn't help then disable the driver and order a USB network adapter 

Amazon has one for about $10:

AmazonBasics USB 2.0 to 10/100 Ethernet LAN Network Adapter

Walmart has one for the same price 

Mignova 3-Port USB 2.0 Hub to LAN 100Mbps Ethernet RJ45 Network Adapter for Laptop PC

Just checked all my local stores unfortunately they don't have a 3.0 USB to Ethernet network adapter. I can confirm that downgrading the driver to a previous version didn't work. Would a permanent fix for this be to just buy a new internal network adapter? When it comes to hardware I have no idea how to match them.

My motherboard is a Asus - M4A87TD/USB3 ATX AM3, I got no idea which part to get for it.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

Your motherboard has 

Expansion Slots
PCI Express 2.0 x16  1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16
PCI Slots 3 x PCI Slots

I don't know which slots are free.

For the PCIe slot you could use something like:

https://www.newegg.c...06268-_-Product (Doesn't have to be PCIe 2.0 - older version will also work.)

For a PCI slot something like this:

https://www.amazon.c...rd (ST1000BT32)

Advertisements

Bosscoe

Bosscoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Your motherboard has 

Expansion Slots
PCI Express 2.0 x16  1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16
PCI Slots 3 x PCI Slots

I don't know which slots are free.

For the PCIe slot you could use something like:

https://www.newegg.c...06268-_-Product (Doesn't have to be PCIe 2.0 - older version will also work.)

For a PCI slot something like this:

https://www.amazon.c...rd (ST1000BT32)

Alright thank you RKinner, I'll run around today to try and pick one up. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Bosscoe

Bosscoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Just an update, even with the new network adapter in the problem still exist. Cant connect to internet, 87% mem usage, etc...

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

Did you disable the old network adapter?

Bosscoe

Bosscoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Yes, I disabled the old one and uninstalled + deleted the drivers for it.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

If you disable the new one too does that make everything (Speccy) start working again?  (except for networking of course).  Make a log with Speccy while it is working.  Also run FRST (right click & Run As Admin)  with all Whitelist boxes and Addition.txt checked.  You will get two logs.  Post them both even if you have to put them on a USB drive and post them from a friend's computer.