Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how do I perform maintenance on my old laptop?

Best Answer mrpooh3 , 26 August 2017 - 02:06 AM

Hi RKinner,After me spending all that time fixing his laptop up,he decides he wants a new one!At least mines is fully back in action and speedwise it is now like a bullet.Thanks for all the help yo... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Of course.  Get some sleep.

Advertisements

mrpooh3

mrpooh3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Hi,I'm back....I ended up giving up and trying a fresh install of win10 to see if that would solve high disk usage issue and slow laptop.

After the re-install the disk usage issue was still there so I went online and found out that the issue could possibly be due to buggy windows 10.

At first I thought my HD was failing and purchased a solid state drive due to this(I was intending to upgrade to ssd at some point anyway).

I tried lots of things to no avail then found this vid on youtube>  

The AHCI fix towards the end of the video seems to have solved the disk usage issue for now but I am still testing it.

I have re-applied thermal paste to the cpu and the cpu operating temps have dropped dramatically.

I also ran memtest86+ but only done one pass and it passed but I am not sure how many passes I should do?

I then ran hardware tests from bios which all passed.

TBH I am considering re-installing Windows 7 when I get the SSD because of all the problems I've had with Windows 10 and DELL don't even support Win10 drivers for my model either.

At the moment the laptop is running quite good with decent speed but I'll give it a couple of days.and see how it goes.

I still have to replace the power input aswell but it looks quite a job so that can wait for now.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

I think they usually say if memtest makes 6  passes without error then it's definitely good but that can take a day or so.  If everything else is working fine then usually the memory is OK. I still run Win 7 on the two of my PCs that I use all of the time.  

mrpooh3

mrpooh3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

I think they usually say if memtest makes 6  passes without error then it's definitely good but that can take a day or so.  If everything else is working fine then usually the memory is OK. I still run Win 7 on the two of my PCs that I use all of the time.  

Hi....the high disk usage problem is back.

When I get the SSD delivered I am going to put a fresh install of windows 7 on it.

Hopefully my Laptop will run better with Windows 7.

When I get it installed I'll let you know if it runs any better.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

search for

task manager

hit Enter

Click on Performance

then on

Resource Monitor

then 

Disk

Click on Total column header until biggest user at the top.

What is biggest user?

mrpooh3

mrpooh3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Too late I'm afraid...My hard drive packed in.

It started making a quiet ticking noise and eventually died on me.

I had a funny feeling it was on it's last legs and yet I never took a backup.

Just aswell I ordered that SSD.

I am using my Dad's old core2duo laptop just now and will have to install an SSD in my own laptop.

I'm still going to go back to win7 as I've had far too many problems with win10.

I apologise if I have wasted any of your time.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Sorry to hear that.  Win 7 is what I use on my PCs..My usual recommendations for when you get it running again:

Make sure you have the latest versions of any adobe.com products you use like Shockwave, Flash or Acrobat.  Flash is now the most malware targeted program so it must be kept up to date.  Be careful with Adobe.  They are fond of offering optional downloads like yahoo or Ask toolbars or that worthless McAfee Security Scan.  Go slow and uncheck the optional stuff.

Whether you use adobe reader, acrobat or fox-it to read pdf files you need to disable Javascript in the program.  There is an exploit out there now that can use it to get on your PC.  For Adobe Reader:  Start, All Programs, Adobe Reader, Edit, Preferences, Click on Javascript in the left column and uncheck Enable Acrobat Javascript.  OK Close program.  It's the same for Foxit reader except you uncheck Enable Javascript Actions. 

If you use Chrome/Firefox then get the Ublock Origin  Add-on from https://www.ublock.org/.  For IE go to adblockplus.org  and get the add-on.  (It's actually a program for IE)

If Chrome/Firefox is slow loading make sure it only has the current Java add-on.  Then download and run Speedy Fox.
http://www.crystalidea.com/speedyfox.  Close Chrome/Firefox/Skpe. Hit Optimize.   You can run it any time that Chrome/Firefox seems slow starting..

To prevent a relatively new phishing attack:  In Firefox, type:

about:config

in the URL box and hit Enter.  You should get a new page of options (if you get a notice about voiding the warranty just cancel the warning).  In the Search box put in 

puny

You should only get one option:
network.IDN_show_punycode
We want it to say True but by default it is False so double click on it to toggle from False to True.
Close and restart firefox.

To test it you can go to:

If the value is false you will see https://www.apple.cominstead of the correct value

If you are a Facebook user get the FB Purity extension for your browser:
This will stop all of the suggested pages and ads so that Facebook loads much quicker.

Be warned:  If you use Limewire, utorrent or any of the other P2P programs you will probably be coming back to the Malware Removal forum.  If you must use P2P then submit any files you get to http://virustotal.combefore you open them.

Due to a recent rise in the number of Crytolocker infections I am now recommending you install:

CryptoPrevent

The free version does not update on its own so you should check for updated versions once in a while. When you install it the default is NONE which is kind of worthless so change it to Standard or default. If you have problems after installing CryptoPrevent you can just uninstall it.

If you have a router, log on to it today and change the default password!  If using a Wireless router you really should be using encryption on the link.  Use the strongest (newest) encryption method that your router and PC wireless adapter support especially if you own a business.  See http://www.king5.com...0637284.htmlandhttp://www.seattlepi...ted-1344185.php for why encryption is important.  If you don't know how, visit the router maker's website.  They all have detailed step by step instructions or a wizard you can download.

Special note on Java.  Old Java versions should be removed after first clearing the Java Cache by following the instructions in:
Then remove the old versions by going to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall all Java programs which are not Java Version 7 update 25 or better.  These may call themselves: Java Runtime, Runtime Environment, Runtime, JRE, Java Virtual Machine, Virtual Machine, Java VM, JVM, VM, J2RE, J2SE.  Get the latest version from Java.com.  They will usually attempt to foist some garbage like the Ask toolbar, Yahoo toolbar or McAfee Security Scan on you as part of the download.  Just uncheck the garbage before the download (or install) starts.  If you use a 64-bit browser and want the 64-bit version of Java you need to use it to visit java.com.
Due to multiple security problems with Java we are now recommending that it not be installed unless you absolutely know you need it.  IF that is the case then go to Control Panel, Java, Security and slide it up to the highest level.  OK.

mrpooh3

mrpooh3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Hi RKinner,

I am using my Dads laptop at the moment(which is really slow and I just done a fresh win7 install on it after my HD packed in aswell ....

My SSD arrived in the post today and I went to install it only to find out that it needs a spacer(I am such a forgetful idiot....must be getting old)

The HD caddy has 4 screws on the top to bolt it to the HD and laptop but it also has 2 screws on each side to bolt the caddy to the SSD and I don't have those screws,when the spacer is on will it be ok without the screws on the side or would you advise to get the 4 screws for it to make sure it is absolutely solid?

Upgrading has kept me occupied and out of boredom lately so I decided to do some little upgrades to my Dad's laptop aswell as it hasn't been getting used and he thought it was finished but he had win10 on it with only 2gb ram and the battery is dead.

I ordered up a new battery and a 2nd hand 2gb stick of RAM but I don't think I purchased the correct stick.

I was also looking into upgrading the CPU in it and snapped up a 2nd hand processor but after checking around I don't think that it's compatible with the MOBO either lol :)

I ordered the right battery though so I got one out of three!

It is running a bit better at the moment and if I can get it upgraded to 4gb it might run win7 slightly better.

I don't think a CPU upgrade will do it much good either but there are loads of cheap 2nd hand Core2duos on ebay so I might aswell try and put the best one it can handle in it.

Can you help me to find the best processor it can take please and 1x2gb or 2x2gb sticks of RAM?

It is an Acer Travelmate 5735 with an intel core 2 duo T6670 mobile CPU.

Thanks!

:cheers:

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

I think the RAM is 

Dual-channel DDR2 SDRAM for a laptop so

Something like this:

Crucial 4GB Kit (2GBx2) DDR2 667MHz (PC2-5300) CL5 SODIMM 200-Pin Notebook Memory Modules CT2KIT25664AC667 / CT2CP25664AC667

Amazon Price: $35.99 

but let's see a Speccy log to be sure:

Get the free version of Speccy:

http://www.filehippo...download_speccy (Look in the upper right for the Download
Latest Version button  - Do NOT press the large Start Download button on the upper left!)  
Download, Save and Install it.  Tell it you do not need CCLEANER.    Run Speccy.  When it finishes (the little icon in the bottom left will stop moving), 
File, Save as Text File,  (to your desktop) note the name it gives. OK.  Open the file in notepad and delete the line that gives the serial number of your Operating System.  
(It will be near the top,  10-20  lines down.) Save the file.  Attach the file to your next post.  Attaching the log is the best option as it is too big for the forum.  Attaching is a multi step process.

First click on More Reply Options
Then scroll down to where you see
Choose File and click on it.  Point it at the file and hit Open.
Now click on Attach this file.

MIght as well look at the Process Explorer log too:

Get Process Explorer

Save it to your desktop then run it (Vista or Win7+ - right click and Run As Administrator).  

View, Select Column, check Verified Signer, OK
Options, Verify Image Signatures

Click twice on the CPU column header  to sort things by CPU usage with the big hitters at the top.  

Wait a full minute then:

File, Save As, Save.  Note the file name.   Open the file  on your desktop and copy and paste the text to a reply.

Copy the next 2 lines:

TASKLIST /SVC  > \junk.txt
notepad \junk.txt

Open an Elevated Command Prompt:
Win 7: Start, All Programs, Accessories then right click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator

Right click and Paste (or Edit then Paste) and the copied lines should appear.
Hit Enter if notepad does not open.  Copy and paste the text from notepad into a reply. 

mrpooh3

mrpooh3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Hi RKinner,

I installed the 2nd hand 2gb stick of RAM this morning and I then tested it with windows memory test utility from inside win7 and it passed with no errors(only 2 passes though)

The thing that is puzzling me though is that in the online owners manual and other specs I've found online say mobo is for DDR2 RAM but the 2gb stick that was installed says DDR3(that's why I purchased another DDR3).

Why is the DDR3 workig if it should be DDR2?

I also ran CPU Z and found that the stick I got is DDR3 PC3-8500F(533 MHz) but the installed stick is DDR3 PC3-10700(667 MHz)....does the mean that the original installed stick is better/faster than the one I bought?

I have noticed an improvement in speed since installing another stick but was wondering what the best RAM sticks would be to install for speed/performance on this board?

I have attached speccy log.

Here is process explorer result:

Process CPU Private Bytes Working Set PID Description Company Name Verified Signer
System Idle Process 65.77 0 K 24 K 0
procexp64.exe 15.28 23,320 K 39,804 K 3244 Sysinternals Process Explorer Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com (Verified) Microsoft Corporation
dwm.exe 5.89 54,640 K 34,024 K 1980 Desktop Window Manager Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
Interrupts 4.88 0 K 0 K n/a Hardware Interrupts and DPCs
csrss.exe 2.43 2,636 K 19,764 K 452 Client Server Runtime Process Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
System 1.12 124 K 304 K 4
WRSA.exe 1.02 628,692 K 9,428 K 728 Webroot SecureAnywhere Webroot (Verified) Webroot Inc.
cpuz.exe 0.75 6,192 K 17,848 K 4156 CPU-Z Application CPUID (Verified) CPUID
WRSA.exe 0.56 9,012 K 800 K 1936 Webroot SecureAnywhere Webroot (Verified) Webroot Inc.
explorer.exe 0.43 27,836 K 45,476 K 1796 Windows Explorer Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
chrome.exe 0.38 155,980 K 204,588 K 4060 Google Chrome Google Inc. (Verified) Google Inc
chrome.exe 0.36 3,668 K 9,852 K 1172 Google Chrome Google Inc. (Verified) Google Inc
chrome.exe 0.31 108,760 K 110,376 K 2208 Google Chrome Google Inc. (Verified) Google Inc
chrome.exe 0.31 5,252 K 10,404 K 3208 Google Chrome Google Inc. (Verified) Google Inc
chrome.exe 0.17 155,760 K 189,552 K 3352 Google Chrome Google Inc. (Verified) Google Inc
svchost.exe 0.11 6,436 K 12,536 K 2444 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
chrome.exe 0.06 90,720 K 115,116 K 3784 Google Chrome Google Inc. (Verified) Google Inc
csrss.exe 0.04 2,012 K 4,372 K 388 Client Server Runtime Process Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
SASCore64.exe 0.02 1,496 K 4,000 K 1676 Core Service SUPERAntiSpyware.com (Verified) SUPERAntiSpyware.com
svchost.exe 0.02 9,816 K 20,020 K 956 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
wmpnetwk.exe 0.02 10,308 K 11,068 K 2308 Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
taskhost.exe 0.02 12,328 K 12,828 K 1900 Host Process for Windows Tasks Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe 0.01 22,920 K 36,396 K 980 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
SearchIndexer.exe 0.01 23,560 K 18,816 K 2472 Microsoft Windows Search Indexer Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe 0.01 14,140 K 15,100 K 1104 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
chrome.exe 0.01 111,384 K 119,016 K 3296 Google Chrome Google Inc. (Verified) Google Inc
SynTPEnh.exe < 0.01 9,040 K 13,960 K 2496 Synaptics TouchPad Enhancements Synaptics Incorporated (Verified) Synaptics Incorporated
WmiPrvSE.exe 2,480 K 6,512 K 4172 WMI Provider Host Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
winlogon.exe 3,800 K 8,344 K 592 Windows Logon Application Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
wininit.exe 1,468 K 4,568 K 440 Windows Start-Up Application Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
taskeng.exe 1,772 K 5,344 K 5344 Task Scheduler Engine Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
SynTPHelper.exe 1,188 K 3,412 K 2832 Synaptics Pointing Device Helper Synaptics Incorporated (Verified) Synaptics Incorporated
svchost.exe 51,112 K 61,756 K 928 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe 10,316 K 14,032 K 3076 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe 56,612 K 38,004 K 3520 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe 11,804 K 15,420 K 1544 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe 5,532 K 10,804 K 664 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe 4,936 K 8,808 K 804 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe 19,792 K 22,224 K 896 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe 2,932 K 7,328 K 404 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe 5,108 K 10,824 K 1528 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
spoolsv.exe 6,504 K 12,092 K 1484 Spooler SubSystem App Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
smss.exe 448 K 1,168 K 236 Windows Session Manager Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
services.exe 6,668 K 11,136 K 488 Services and Controller app Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
RAVCpl64.exe 8,940 K 10,912 K 2488 Realtek HD Audio Manager Realtek Semiconductor (A certificate was explicitly revoked by its issuer) Realtek Semiconductor
procexp.exe 3,600 K 8,092 K 5004 Sysinternals Process Explorer Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com (Verified) Microsoft Corporation
lsm.exe 2,444 K 4,268 K 524 Local Session Manager Service Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
lsass.exe 4,872 K 12,256 K 516 Local Security Authority Process Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
igfxsrvc.exe 2,088 K 6,492 K 2572 igfxsrvc Module Intel Corporation (Verified) Intel Corporation
igfxpers.exe 1,988 K 6,396 K 2520 persistence Module Intel Corporation (Verified) Intel Corporation
hkcmd.exe 1,936 K 6,116 K 2512 hkcmd Module Intel Corporation (Verified) Intel Corporation
explorer.exe 40,496 K 40,240 K 3164 Windows Explorer Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
CryptoPreventMonSvc.exe 58,252 K 60,908 K 1916 CryptoPreventMonSvc Foolish IT LLC (Verified) Foolish IT LLC
chrome.exe 28,688 K 35,356 K 3332 Google Chrome Google Inc. (Verified) Google Inc
chrome.exe 43,236 K 46,824 K 3304 Google Chrome Google Inc. (Verified) Google Inc
audiodg.exe 17,728 K 17,088 K 5600 Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
armsvc.exe 1,156 K 4,060 K 1700 Adobe Acrobat Update Service Adobe Systems Incorporated (Verified) Adobe Systems
appnhost.exe 3,884 K 10,480 K 2768 Native Host for Apps Mixesoft Project (Verified) Vladislavas Jarmalis

Here is the command prompt note:

Image Name                     PID Services                                    
========================= ======== ============================================
System Idle Process              0 N/A                                         
System                           4 N/A                                         
smss.exe                       236 N/A                                         
csrss.exe                      388 N/A                                         
wininit.exe                    440 N/A                                         
csrss.exe                      452 N/A                                         
services.exe                   488 N/A                                         
lsass.exe                      516 KeyIso, SamSs                               
lsm.exe                        524 N/A                                         
winlogon.exe                   592 N/A                                         
svchost.exe                    664 DcomLaunch, PlugPlay, Power                 
WRSA.exe                       728 WRSVC                                       
svchost.exe                    804 RpcEptMapper, RpcSs                         
svchost.exe                    896 AudioSrv, Dhcp, eventlog,                   
                                   HomeGroupProvider, lmhosts, wscsvc          
svchost.exe                    928 AudioEndpointBuilder, CscService, hidserv,  
                                   HomeGroupListener, Netman, PcaSvc, SysMain, 
                                   TrkWks, UxSms, Wlansvc                      
svchost.exe                    956 EventSystem, fdPHost, FontCache, netprofm,  
                                   nsi, WdiServiceHost                         
svchost.exe                    980 AeLookupSvc, Appinfo, Browser, EapHost,     
                                   IKEEXT, iphlpsvc, LanmanServer, MMCSS,      
                                   ProfSvc, Schedule, SENS, ShellHWDetection,  
                                   Themes, Winmgmt, wuauserv                   
svchost.exe                    404 gpsvc                                       
svchost.exe                   1104 CryptSvc, Dnscache, LanmanWorkstation,      
                                   NlaSvc                                      
spoolsv.exe                   1484 Spooler                                     
svchost.exe                   1544 BFE, DPS, MpsSvc                            
SASCore64.exe                 1676 !SASCORE                                    
armsvc.exe                    1700 AdobeARMservice                             
taskhost.exe                  1900 N/A                                         
CryptoPreventMonSvc.exe       1916 CryptoPreventFolderWatch,                   
                                   CryptoPreventMonSvc                         
WRSA.exe                      1936 N/A                                         
dwm.exe                       1980 N/A                                         
explorer.exe                  1796 N/A                                         
svchost.exe                   1528 DiagTrack                                   
SearchIndexer.exe             2472 WSearch                                     
RAVCpl64.exe                  2488 N/A                                         
SynTPEnh.exe                  2496 N/A                                         
hkcmd.exe                     2512 N/A                                         
igfxpers.exe                  2520 N/A                                         
igfxsrvc.exe                  2572 N/A                                         
appnhost.exe                  2768 N/A                                         
SynTPHelper.exe               2832 N/A                                         
wmpnetwk.exe                  2308 WMPNetworkSvc                               
svchost.exe                   2444 FDResPub, SSDPSRV, upnphost                 
svchost.exe                   3076 p2pimsvc, p2psvc, PNRPsvc                   
svchost.exe                   3520 WinDefend                                   
explorer.exe                  3164 N/A                                         
cpuz.exe                      4156 N/A                                         
audiodg.exe                   5600 N/A                                         
WmiPrvSE.exe                  4172 N/A                                         
taskeng.exe                   5344 N/A                                         
SearchProtocolHost.exe        2960 N/A                                         
SearchFilterHost.exe          3864 N/A                                         
dllhost.exe                   2936 N/A                                         
dllhost.exe                   4648 N/A                                         
cmd.exe                       2812 N/A                                         
conhost.exe                   5996 N/A                                         
tasklist.exe                  5692 N/A                                         
WmiPrvSE.exe                  1080 N/A                                         

Attached Files

Edited by mrpooh3, 18 August 2017 - 05:31 PM.

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

If DDR3 was what was in there then you probably have a newer motherboard than in the specs.  Laptop DDR2 has 200 pins, DDR3 has 204 pins so they are not interchangeable.  Keying is also different.

Your Dad's PC is suffering from a bad driver.

Interrupts 4.88 0 K 0 K n/a Hardware Interrupts and DPCs

We want Interrupts to be less than 1.5 and when it's higher it's usually a bad driver.  Go into Device Manager (search for device manager and hit Enter)   and right click on any driver that you can't live without (audio, network) and Disable.  Then look at Process Explorer again.  

mrpooh3

mrpooh3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Hi RKinner,

my apologies as I am not sure what I am meant to look for as I don't know what Hardware Interrupts and DPCs are(over my head I'm afraid).

I disabled display driver and hd audio drivers then opened process explorer and the only thing that looks unusual to my untrained eye is that webroot secureanywhere is highlighted and huge in privatebytes I also see interrupts popping up and this varies usually around 2.28,2.25,1.17,2.17,1.60,1.49,4.73 etc.etc.

BTW...I need a new battery as this one is dead,could that be the cause?

Should I remove the dead battery and just run off the mains and see if that fixes the issue?

I removed the battery and I think the interrupts might be lower,could you check it to see if that was the problem?

process explorer text>

Process CPU Private Bytes Working Set PID Description Company Name Verified Signer
System Idle Process 69.39 0 K 24 K 0
procexp64.exe 20.32 22,500 K 38,596 K 5536 Sysinternals Process Explorer Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com (Verified) Microsoft Corporation
csrss.exe 4.33 2,484 K 6,068 K 452 Client Server Runtime Process Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
Interrupts 2.48 0 K 0 K n/a Hardware Interrupts and DPCs
WRSA.exe 1.93 854,420 K 7,584 K 728 Webroot SecureAnywhere Webroot (Verified) Webroot Inc.
System 0.53 124 K 304 K 4
WRSA.exe 0.41 9,588 K 576 K 1936 Webroot SecureAnywhere Webroot (Verified) Webroot Inc.
explorer.exe 0.36 30,608 K 48,968 K 1796 Windows Explorer Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe 0.06 13,708 K 15,752 K 1104 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe 0.04 9,976 K 20,580 K 956 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
SASCore64.exe 0.03 1,496 K 4,000 K 1676 Core Service SUPERAntiSpyware.com (Verified) SUPERAntiSpyware.com
wmpnetwk.exe 0.03 10,312 K 11,088 K 2308 Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
taskhost.exe 0.03 12,400 K 13,020 K 1900 Host Process for Windows Tasks Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe 0.02 23,964 K 37,860 K 980 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe 0.01 10,264 K 14,060 K 3076 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
WmiPrvSE.exe 0.01 9,600 K 14,472 K 2288 WMI Provider Host Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe < 0.01 5,268 K 9,220 K 804 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
SynTPEnh.exe < 0.01 9,212 K 14,564 K 2496 Synaptics TouchPad Enhancements Synaptics Incorporated (Verified) Synaptics Incorporated
svchost.exe < 0.01 51,836 K 60,656 K 928 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
csrss.exe < 0.01 2,012 K 4,408 K 388 Client Server Runtime Process Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe < 0.01 12,060 K 15,728 K 1544 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe < 0.01 55,908 K 40,848 K 3520 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
winlogon.exe 3,800 K 8,368 K 592 Windows Logon Application Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
wininit.exe 1,468 K 4,568 K 440 Windows Start-Up Application Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
SynTPHelper.exe 1,212 K 3,456 K 2832 Synaptics Pointing Device Helper Synaptics Incorporated (Verified) Synaptics Incorporated
svchost.exe 6,540 K 12,616 K 2444 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe 5,752 K 11,100 K 664 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe 21,140 K 22,560 K 896 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe 2,932 K 7,360 K 404 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
svchost.exe 5,020 K 10,744 K 1528 Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
spoolsv.exe 6,460 K 12,084 K 1484 Spooler SubSystem App Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
smss.exe 448 K 1,168 K 236 Windows Session Manager Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
services.exe 6,852 K 11,172 K 488 Services and Controller app Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
SearchIndexer.exe 24,724 K 19,380 K 2472 Microsoft Windows Search Indexer Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
RAVCpl64.exe 8,952 K 11,036 K 2488 Realtek HD Audio Manager Realtek Semiconductor (A certificate was explicitly revoked by its issuer) Realtek Semiconductor
procexp.exe 3,600 K 8,132 K 4348 Sysinternals Process Explorer Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com (Verified) Microsoft Corporation
lsm.exe 2,572 K 4,328 K 524 Local Session Manager Service Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
lsass.exe 4,928 K 12,416 K 516 Local Security Authority Process Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
igfxsrvc.exe 2,088 K 6,556 K 2572 igfxsrvc Module Intel Corporation (Verified) Intel Corporation
igfxpers.exe 2,120 K 6,956 K 2520 persistence Module Intel Corporation (Verified) Intel Corporation
hkcmd.exe 2,068 K 6,660 K 2512 hkcmd Module Intel Corporation (Verified) Intel Corporation
explorer.exe 32,636 K 52,792 K 3164 Windows Explorer Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
dwm.exe 4,040 K 4,284 K 1980 Desktop Window Manager Microsoft Corporation (Verified) Microsoft Windows
CryptoPreventMonSvc.exe 57,968 K 60,700 K 1916 CryptoPreventMonSvc Foolish IT LLC (Verified) Foolish IT LLC
armsvc.exe 1,156 K 4,060 K 1700 Adobe Acrobat Update Service Adobe Systems Incorporated (Verified) Adobe Systems
appnhost.exe 3,920 K 10,556 K 2768 Native Host for Apps Mixesoft Project (Verified) Vladislavas Jarmalis

Edited by mrpooh3, 18 August 2017 - 06:18 PM.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Try running without the battery.  I have seen a bad battery cause an increase in Interrupts.  Also try and update all of your drivers.

mrpooh3

mrpooh3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Hi,just an update:::

I went through the device manager listings and found 4 items with no driver installed.

I took captures with the snipping tool can you tell me how to post jpgs?

mrpooh3

mrpooh3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

double posted error

Edited by mrpooh3, 18 August 2017 - 06:34 PM.