Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gpu random no signal on monitor

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply

ile

ile

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Hello I have tried it a few times and both times it has not crashed. But the computer is going through a better time at the moment and this is a totally random happening some days I won't get a thing so should I wait till a bad day then fire it up on this mode to see what happens on a bad day?

Advertisements

ile

ile

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

It would seem you may have something here as it didn't crash when it in limited mode and was crashing in normal mode a lot today. So I would guess I try 1 program at a time and see whats causing it?

ile

ile

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

I have done a few so far and it seems to be running OK with Malwarebytes Antimalware disabled I will double check this today and have a longer test to see if it is 100% Malwarebytes Antimalware.

UPDATE: It went again with Malwarebytes Antimalware disabled but because it went for longer I left Malwarebytes Antimalware disabled and also disabled Cyber Ghost and so far it's running and not one crash I will enable Malwarebytes Antimalware and see if it is just Cyber Ghost or a mixture of both today.

​Thank you for being your patience and time FreeBooter I will report back with my findings.

Edited by ile, 19 August 2017 - 03:17 AM.

ile

ile

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Since last I have just had it running with windows firewall and after a half a day it still crashed with nothing else enabled so I guess it must be the GPU.

Not sure what to do next as I am told the card is only about a year old.

ile

ile

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Thank you for your help FreeBooter.

I think I will wait for the next driver and hope they have sorted this out.

ile

ile

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Sorry just one last quick question I read it could be the lead from the gpu to the monitor and did try another I had. But I just looked on amazon and here at the link provided they all have different 1080, 720 but look the same how do I tell if the 2 leads I have are the same as they look identical and have no markings

https://www.amazon.c...nitor+lead&th=1

ile

ile

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Thank you this I did understand :)

ile

ile

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

UPDATE: I got in touch with Evga who make the card and they without any questions about what I have tried or anything said it's a hard ware fault and to send it back. I'll let you know the outcome if it's any help for any one else suffering the same loss of signal to the monitor.