Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can any body tell me what this is?

• Please log in to reply

XxCHURCH85xX

XxCHURCH85xX

• Pip
  • 1 posts

as the topic says, can anyone identify/tell me what kind of connector this is called please? ive only ever seen it on this piece as well as inside my note 4 phone.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20751598_10154914644792883_1581456295_n.jpg

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Flat-Topped (Low Profile) Connectors - To disconnect flat connectors like this, use a spudger to pry up each side, then lift the connector straight up from its socket. To reinstall, carefully position the connector, and then press it straight down until it snaps into its socket.

Pop Connectors - Smaller press-fit (or "pop") connectors usually require a simple flick with a plastic opening tool, spudger, or fingernail. Place the flat edge of your tool under the edge of the connector, and pry the connector straight up from its socket. (Be very careful to pry only under the flat edge of the connector, and not under the socket itself. If you pry under the socket, you will separate it from the logic board, causing permanent damage). To reconnect, align the connector carefully over its socket and press down with your fingertip -- first at one side and then the other -- until it clicks (pops) into place. (Do not press down on the middle until the connector is fully seated. If it's misaligned, the connector can bend, causing permanent damage).