Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen of Death (Resolved).

Best Answer abrahams child , 17 October 2017 - 07:47 PM

I received another MB which we flipped out with the old one last Thursday.  It hasn't had another episode of the BSOD and the ram that I thought was bad turned out to be good.  It was a b... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

abrahams child

abrahams child

• PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

I was experiencing BSD issues when using Norton AV and IE as my default browser.  I was hesitant of using Google Chrome as a browser but I like it better than IE.  Using MSE as my AV but I'm still experiencing the BSD with changes suggested.  Thanx

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Hello again abrahams child,

1. Copy any dmp files from C:\Windows\Minidump onto the desktop.

2. Select all of them, right-click on one, and click on Send To> New Compressed (zipped) Folder.

3. Upload the zip folder using the More Reply Options tab, Choose File then the Attach This File tab., bottom left of the dialogue input box.

abrahams child

abrahams child

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Hope this helps.

Attached Files

• Attached File  JR.zip   155.16KB   289 downloads

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Two out of your last three cash dmps point towards Chrome but they each also mention CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101) which may suggest a problem with the processor.

Uninstall Chrome download and test Firefox then get back to us please.

abrahams child

abrahams child

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

I've uninstalled Google Chrome  and downloaded/installed Firefox which is now our default browser.

abrahams child

abrahams child

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

After uninstalling/installing we left for the day.  This evening we have experienced two BSD within an hour and here are the dump files.  Went back to IE for the time being until you can analyze these dump files.  Thanx

Attached Files

• Attached File  DF 2.zip   1.15KB   293 downloads

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Hello again abrahams child,

1. Copy any dmp files from C:\Windows\Minidump onto the desktop.

2. Select all of them, right-click on one, and click on Send To> New Compressed (zipped) Folder.

3. Upload the zip folder using the More Reply Options tab, Choose File then the Attach This File tab., bottom left of the dialogue input box.

Please do not use any other method of zipping and uploading the dmp files other than what was suggested.

JAFYI DF 2.zip was flagged up by Windows Defender as potentially being dangerous, see attached screenshot.

abrahams child

abrahams child

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Hope this works.

Attached Files

• Attached File  JR 2.zip   46.1KB   302 downloads

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
A couple of drivers are mentioned in both dmps as having not loaded so could suggest a conflict, CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101) is also mentioned in both, see link;

The drivers mentioned in both dmps are WinUsb.sys and WUDFRd.sys + in the earlier dmp mwac.sys was also mentioned along with PROCESS_NAME:  firefox.exe

Check the Device Manager for any yellow ! or red Xs against any USB or memory/sd cards.

mwac.sys is a MBAM driver, will see if this pops up again now that you have gotten rid of Firefox.

abrahams child

abrahams child

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Checked device manager for yellow/red X's and found none.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

K, we could do with some hardware info so that we can check for any latest drivers, am aware that you have used Speccy before in case you have uninstalled it, see below to provide us with an updated Speccy report for the computer;

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here,  this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

abrahams child

abrahams child

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

I can't remember how to post this so I hope this url does the trick.  http://speccy.pirifo...HMTSSYnlpmYikVm

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

For now can you try the following for us abrahams child (courtesy of Microsoft)

1. Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
  2. In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
  3. When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
  4. At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off, and then press Enter.
  5. Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

abrahams child

abrahams child

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

I logged in as admin and typed what you asked and it doesn't do anything but I finished it by typing exit.  How do we know if it's really off?

Edited by abrahams child, 12 August 2017 - 08:13 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Run Speccy again and check the Power Profile where it should say Hibernation: Disabled.

You have high memory usage for a computer that is not under any load (Memory Usage: 39 %) we need to look into this.

Can you tell us what the following scheduled update check is for;

Scheduler
12/08/2017 7:52 PM;: shield check