Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen of Death (Resolved).

Best Answer abrahams child , 17 October 2017 - 07:47 PM

I received another MB which we flipped out with the old one last Thursday.  It hasn't had another episode of the BSOD and the ram that I thought was bad turned out to be good.  It was a b... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

abrahams child

abrahams child

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
I have a question when your running the AMD system monitoring program shouldn't it be monitoring the graphics card also?

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.PNG

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

Correct but keep in mind that your graphics device is integrated and not an add on video card.

abrahams child

abrahams child

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
Trying to determine if this could be a problem with the MB. Thinking of replacing the MB.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts
I put the two sticks back into the yellow slots and it did nothing during multiple tries. 

From what you have previously told us it would appear so but the screenshot in your reply #61 shows at least 4GB of your RAM working as it should.

Edit to add, a like for like MB is rather expensive, an example here

abrahams child

abrahams child

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
It's showing 4GB as I found the other RAM that was replaced with two sticks of 2GB so I put them in the yellow slots as I had two sticks that would only boot up in the black slots. There are a couple other boards on the Bay that are a little cheaper.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts
It's showing 4GB as I found the other RAM that was replaced with two sticks of 2GB so I put them in the yellow slots as I had two sticks that would only boot up in the black slots.

Which suggests that all four memory slots and sticks of RAM are presently working, would suggest running your present set up and see how things go for now.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

Not heard back from you abrahams child, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.

abrahams child

abrahams child

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Still crashes and I bought a MB of Ebay.  Will get back to you when I swap out the board.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

Thanks for the update  :thumbsup:

abrahams child

abrahams child

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
✓  Best Answer

I received another MB which we flipped out with the old one last Thursday.  It hasn't had another episode of the BSOD and the ram that I thought was bad turned out to be good.  It was a bad MB.  Thanks for all your help and we will consider this issue resolved.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

You are most welcome and thanks for confirming that it was a bad MB  :thumbsup:

Pain in the proverbial I know but you did say almost a month back that the system was around ten years old and that you were talking about a new MB and CPU.