Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Mulitple displays in classroom

multiple displays

• Please log in to reply

wingedoak

wingedoak

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I am a teacher with a large classroom. The room us very narrow, but long. Consequently, I inevitably have students in the back that can't see. To get around this problem, I am trying to have both a front-of-room and back-of-room display.

My main computer connects to a projector. I currently splice those so that I drag what I want to display over to the projector screen. 

I have a 2nd computer in the back of the room, connected to a Promethean board. I would like to set it up so that whatever is showing up on my projector screen, also shows on that 2nd computer, and therefore the Promethean.

Any ideas of how I could accomplish this?

We use Windows 7/10 if that factors in.

Thank you!!!

Advertisements

UnloosedCake

UnloosedCake

Freshman

• GeekU Freshman
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Hello wingedoak,
:welcome:
My name is UnloosedCake, and I'm here to help!

There are a few ways to do this - you can enter the display settings via the control panel/settings (depending on if you're using 7 or 10 the way to get there will be slightly different) and then you can choose how to align the monitors/displays and whether they're mirrors or extra screens.

As far as connecting the Promethean display goes, you'd probably have to run a display cable from the primary computer to the projector, as there's no /simple/ way to get the second computer to mirror the display on the first (without doing any Remote Desktop connections or downloading any additional software.)

Hope this helps! If there are any other questions, feel free to ask!

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,604 posts

There are options, depending on whether the connection type and resolution can be the same for all the devices.

For example, there are HDMI and VGA matrix devices which have multiple inputs and multiple outputs which allow you to select and mirror the display on different devices. Each computer would be connected to the matrix and each display would be connected to the matrix, then you select the input for each output. The distance between the displays can be an issue, but there are devices such as HDMI over IP which allow for a longer distance.

There is also software, such as meeting software, which allow the display to be copied to multiple computers, but this typically costs money for a subscription.