Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Switching among bookmarked sites

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Using Chrome browser on a desktop PC with W10, I have a bookmarks toolbar with a half-dozen bookmarked sites and about 5 bookmarked groups each contining a few dozen bookmarked sites. To go from one bookmarked site (say NYTimes) to another bookmarked site (say WashPost) I now have to:

1. Close the NYT, returning to my Desktop;

2. Reclick the Chrome icon on the Desktop;

3. Select the WashPost on the Bookmarks toolbar.

I have the feeling there is a better way, with fewer clicks. Is there?

Is there some way I can keep the bookmarks toolbar always available on my screen -- even while I read the NYT?

Thanks. .... batpark

Advertisements

UnloosedCake

UnloosedCake

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
Hello batpark,
:welcome:
My name is UnloosedCake, and I'm here to help!

You can enable the bookmarks toolbar to stay always open in the bookmarks menu tab at the top of your screen - it should have an option that resembles "show bookmarks bar" or something of the sort... let me know if this helps!

-Cake