Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help understanding what's in my PC

PC Hardware

Best Answer phillpower2 , 23 August 2017 - 12:27 PM

The following received via PM after asking if the Speccy information was correct; Yes, I am xxx xxxxxx. Have been for almost 72 years,   The information regarding the hardware in the... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

IMPopeye

IMPopeye

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

I've already told them in an email if the specs don't match what was advertised I would notify Amazon and demand a refund. So far there's been no reply to that. since reinstalling Win 10 and the AMD update the computer works better with games including a few I was unable to run. The video lag is gone but at times the sceen freezes and I have to hit ESC, the Windows key or CTL-ALT-DEL to give it a kick. Other times, I have to use one of the last two to access Task Manager to force shut the program. So far, I haven't had to restart the PC which I often did before. I assume this may be from overheating. By the way, I don't mess with clock speeds. The audio still cuts out on occasion as it did before. My tower sits ontop of a table and there are no barriers to free-flowing air. The fan screens are clear. I think that has to do with overheating of the audio system, 

I have a final question. Concerning gaming is the setup on this PC sufficient? In myresearch trying to understand what was going on with it, it appeared to me this system is a few years behind.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,750 posts
I've already told them in an email if the specs don't match what was advertised I would notify Amazon and demand a refund. 

Quite right and we wish you good luck with it, in the UK we have the trade description and mis-selling acts that deal with rogue traders like you have encountered.

Regarding the system that you have, it is not that it is years behind in spec more that it has been labelled as a gaming computer when the spec is not up to it, RAM is cheap so they have put 16GB of it in the system, a good video card and quality brand PSU to support it will cost over $200 so there is no way they will include them in the rig and the CPU you have is best suited to watching videos at best, trying to game on it will as you know be a disaster down to overheating and having no dedicated video card.

IMPopeye

IMPopeye

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

This is what I thought. When I quit building PCs gaming PCs were just beginning to appear so I know a little about them. Besides, when I built them, I always used components so if anything happened I could replace them. I'm thinking I should bite the bullet and build my own. It'd still be cheaper and I'd know what's there. We have the same laws in the U.S. In addition, Amazon is pretty good in dealing with this issue.

Thank you for your help. You not only stuck with me, you gave me good advice. Plus, I think this is good, this experience has gotten me interested in getting back unto PC building. I hate having car salemen selling computers!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,750 posts

Resolving the issue with Cybertron is obviously your first course of action but should you decide to build your own rig come back here if you need any help or if you would like to share your own build details with us   :thumbsup:

I hate having car salemen selling computers!

Sad but quite often true I`m afraid, you get far better customer care and after sales support from local tech stores/builders than you do from merchants that offload brand name computers  :(

IMPopeye

IMPopeye

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Thank you. I have already addressed this issue with Amazon since CybertronPC's substandard performance and willingness to address the issue straight forwardly. Maybe Amazon's involvement, which could ultimately result in CybertronPC being denied permission to sell on Amazon will get them to respond. If I do decide to build my own I will definitely be in touch.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,750 posts

You are welcome :) as said you know where we are and best of luck with the refund  :thumbsup:

IMPopeye

IMPopeye

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

I am pleased to say I received a reply to my email from Amazon describing the situation, including CybertronPC's "support." The email came from a supervisor. They are waving the time limit for returns and will, themselves, refund the full cost of the computer and shipping expenses. I didn't even ask for this because I knew of their 30 return policy. I had decided to use the tower for building my own because of this. So, I am very pleased with this outcome and will leave CybertronPC to them. 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,750 posts

That is great news  :thumbsup:

Well done you and Amazon  :)