Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Recommended SSD for 5 years PC

Best Answer phillpower2 , 23 August 2017 - 04:28 AM

SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB  has a 5 year warranty. Always recommend that compatibility is confirmed before making any purchase, ask here if you need help with checking. Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

guyamit

guyamit

• Pip
  • 8 posts

I have a 5 years computer that at that time was very powerful and even today I'm happy with it. I'm talking about Asus motherboard with Intel i7, 8GB Memory and 1 TB Hard drive.  The only thing is that my storage is full (during the years I made lots pictures and movies, and all kind of backups. and from the other hand I feel like it is a bit slower now.  so, I'm thinking of buying a new SSD Hard drive to use as the primary and put the 1 TB Hard drive as the storage.  what is recommended to buy - good quality that is cost effective, with about 400-500GB that I can get the benefit of speed improvement and more space to use.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 21,272 posts

:welcome:    guyamit,

Can you tell us your maximum budget and in which country you will be making the purchase so we can do some research.

guyamit

guyamit

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hi,

I'm from Israel.  and I can afford to myself up to 200 USD.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 21,272 posts
✓  Best Answer

SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB  has a 5 year warranty.

Always recommend that compatibility is confirmed before making any purchase, ask here if you need help with checking.