Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to stop someone from spying on my cell phone?

cell phone spy

• Please log in to reply

nickx91

nickx91

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi, I am using Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, and recently I experienced suspicious activities on my phone. I saw some duplicates of my files, and some were missing, the device has become slow, and I see synchronization more often than before, plus my data package gets exhausted fast. I don't have new apps installed just the basic ones that I use. Since, my friends use my phone occasionally I am having doubts that someone has installed a logger or something to spy on it, or else I wouldn't be having such problem because I keep my mobile maintained.

Advertisements

nickx91

nickx91

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I used the first app Anti Spy on Google Play and it found Android Spy app but was asking me for premium version. I found this quick guide on stopping someone from spying on my cell phone in my following list and fortunately found this app in running services. I uninstalled and rebooted the mobile and it's working fine now, came down friends were trying to peek me for prank.