Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Serious Problems

• Please log in to reply

CerebralVortex

CerebralVortex

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok, I am running XP right now, and I left my 10-year old alone with the pc for a couple of days and by the time I got back to it, it was rife with adware and who knows what. So I ran CWShredder, Spybot, Ad-Aware all one after the other, but was still heavily infected, so I got Hijack This, and ran it, and destroyed everything that looked even vaugely dangerous. Stupid, I know, but I was tired and frustrated and excuses, excuses. Well, since then, I've run into a problem much more serious than the popups. When I try to open a movie file or flash file online, nothing would happen. So I tried downloading some files, and I'd get the "Download Progress" window, but the percentage never moved or registered and then I'd get the "can't open this site" message.

I checked PCPitstop for my down/upload speeds and I got this:

Download speed: 260 kilobits per second

Upload speed: 11 kilobits per second

What the.... HUH? I don't know what this means, but I know it's new, and I have a sneaking suspicion that it is very ungood. I also know that I can't download any files for some reason, and I know that my XP Restore disc is lost somewhere in my garage or someone else's.

Furthermore, when I startup, everything goes smooth until Windows is up, and I get RUNDLL errors for the following files:

D0CE0C16B1
E6F1873B.DLL
AUNPS2.DLL

I'm not sure if all these are vital or not, but I could REALLY use a little insight here as to what I should try next. I appreciate any help anyone here can give. Thanks,
Stephen

Advertisements

CerebralVortex

CerebralVortex

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Little Help?

Anyone???