Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I wanted to upgrade my dell inspiron i3 3.7GHZ 5000 AIO Pc

Best Answer phillpower2 , 03 September 2017 - 05:31 AM

CoolKev101, Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but what you are asking is not possible and for the following couple of reasons; 1: AIO computers use the equivalent of a notebo... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

CoolKev101

CoolKev101

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi i was wondering if it is possible to add a new GPU into this specific PC. I know it comes with an integrated graphics card so its not meant for upgrade ability but is it possible to switch the motherboard and add a low profile GPU like a GTX 1050 and a gaming motherboard. If you can, please list if there are any places which can do this for me.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
✓  Best Answer

:welcome:   CoolKev101,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but what you are asking is not possible and for the following couple of reasons;

1: AIO computers use the equivalent of a notebook MB and have no PCI-E X16 slot designed for a dedicated add on video card.

2: The power supply for an AIO computer is also akin to a notebook and cannot produce the much higher wattage and amps that an add on video card requires.