Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A How-to question from a novice

• Please log in to reply

hristomir_93

hristomir_93

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello,

Thank you for reading my post!

I'm thinking about an idea, that will help me add some additional income, in order to support my hobbie and independance. I recently got the idea, of doing lessons, on a topic I'm familiar with, against a small charge. As I have already tried doing that on youtube, wondering if adsense could do the job, and got as much as 30000 views on a video, I realised that this would not work for me. So now I would like to continue making those tutorials, but this time against a small charge. Here comes the problem - I simply have no idea how to achieve that. I want to build a website of mine, that I'm working on WordPress, that would include the tutorials, or url's to them.

I'm I able to somehow control(weather they have payed the charge, or not) the visitor's access to the videos, in case they are uploaded in youtube, or any ther such website, or do I have to pay a hosting company, to host all of my video files, in order to have that option? 

Regards,

Chris

Advertisements

UnloosedCake

UnloosedCake

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
You could post the videos in a fashion that only allows users with direct links to view them (I think?) and sell the links.