Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to power and extract at the same time

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Pappykahn

Pappykahn

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have a Galaxy tablet that has ONE micro usb port for charging and data transfer.  The tablet is also a hot spot.  I would like to use the tablet as a hot spot and connect it to a router, but also keep it plugged into a power source.  I plan on doing this with a male micro usb to two female micro usb cable.  will this work?

Advertisements

Johnains

Johnains

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I tried that, buying the connector you describe off Amazon.

It failed to work. I contacted the supplier who scornfully told me that the direction of data travel was one way and there was no power connection in the cable. The implication was that it was so obvious that I should have known.

The connectors are very cheap, but if you want to try it you should ask the question first.

Fiannati

Fiannati

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Uh... connect it to your PC? So you will charge and send/receive data at the same time. Charge rate will be slow than, please keep this in mind.