Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Non-working Keys on ASUS A54C Laptop (Resolved).

Best Answer TooNew2 , 18 September 2017 - 09:25 AM

The new keyboard, which I ordered Friday afternoon, was supposed to arrive on or before next Wednesday, but was found in the mailbox yesterday (Sunday) afternoon; I'd fairly sure it... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
 sounds like the carbon pads on the problem keys were shot 

The problem was most likely down to wear and tear caused by usage, the carbon pads wear with time and can sometimes crack when a user goes over the top mashing the keypad.

To troubleshoot the old keypad would mean putting it back in the notebook, is that something that you are prepared to do.

Advertisements

TooNew2

TooNew2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

To troubleshoot the old keypad would mean putting it back in the notebook, is that something that you are prepared to do.

No, but I expect that, with careful disassembly and examination, I should be able to see where/what the problem was. Can't hurt to try, and I should learn something in the process. I don't expect to fix it, of course.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

You mean an autopsy then not troubleshooting  :)

TooNew2

TooNew2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
You mean an autopsy then

I used to occasionally homogenize and extract human livers as part of a "folder-case" analysis. Mostly blood and urine work. I try not to remind myself of those days. Technically, you're correct though.