Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Infected with INSANE bitcoinminer. Desperate for help

Help|

• Please log in to reply

iTzHD

iTzHD

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello everyone icon_surprised.gif
First and foremost, thanks for your time . I appreciate ur good will to help.

Background information :

1) SSD has been formatted 1 week ago or less (Cant remember) the second drive (1tb) remained as backup.

2) each time I open Skype /Certain games/ Battle.net EVEN Google Chrome.
my GPU temp jumps from 30 idle to 50 and the GPU uses its full functions (Clock speed jumps to max, etc)

3)My computer's clock time is not stable, keeps on changing (has been like that for more than a year, even tho I formatted 2 times since the problem arise) I suspect this problem is due to having a motherboard battery burnt although it may be a virus in the BIOS.( my assumptions) I never tried to replace a motherboard battery, I currently have Asus Z97 motherboard.

PC scanned with - Rogue-killer, Anti-malware bytes and Hitman PRO.

SSD Has been formatted 2 times in the last 3 years and a half

from win 8.1 to win10. and from win10 to win7. (SINCE THE FIRST FORMAT THE CLOCK STARTED BUGGING.

since then I have had the problem with time.

*bitcoin miner : New problem that I have just noticed recently, which is taking all my attention to cure my GPU.

*Note: Currently If I don't run the apps I mentioned above my GPU temp is OK. therefore the main problems are Clock time changes, and Temp jumps super high for no reason while running certain applications.

I used Process Explorer to try and track which applications cause GPU traffic,
that's how I know when the bitcoin miner works and when it doesn't.

I came here thanks to Combo-fix (Didn't run a scan yet)
Thanks in advance, I will be waiting for your help

Best regards,

John.

LOGS :

Attached Files

Advertisements