Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

News Website

• Please log in to reply

ahlongepo

ahlongepo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Good day readers, am Peter from Abuja, Nigeria. Am planning of creating a News website but i have less idea on it. Here are my questions.

1. How can i start with a minimum money.

2. Can i extract news from other news site for my own siten use.

3. Is there any application i can add to post my news website to social media 

4. What are the things needed.

Thanks

Edited by ahlongepo, 27 September 2017 - 05:09 AM.

Advertisements

UnloosedCake

UnloosedCake

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

1. You can use free website hosting services like Weebly or Webs to start up your own website for free, and then migrate to a fully paid host if you so desire. There are plenty of other platforms that do this, I'm just most familiar with the two I mentioned, though I am not supporting them over any others in any way.

2. In short, no. Most content on news sites is copyrighted, and without permission from the copyright owner (CNN, Fox, BBC, etc) you're liable to be prosecuted for taking their content. I'd read up more on the specific websites about their policies, but it's probably a no-go.

3. Yes, there are a lot of applications that you can use for this. Depending on what site you use to publish your platform will determine how you can do this. WordPress is a good blogging/news platform that offers a lot of easy to use plugins for this purpose. (Again, not supporting WordPress over anything else, just giving you an idea.)

4. Lots of other things are needed. You need writers, content, pictures, copyright processes, and most importantly: news to publish.

Hope this helps at least a little!

Edited by UnloosedCake, 30 September 2017 - 04:43 PM.