Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

News Website

• Please log in to reply

ahlongepo

ahlongepo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Good day readers, am Peter from Abuja, Nigeria. Am planning of creating a News website but i have less idea on it. Here are my questions.

1. How can i start with a minimum money.

2. Can i extract news from other news site for my own siten use.

3. Is there any application i can add to post my news website to social media 

4. What are the things needed.

Thanks

Edited by ahlongepo, 27 September 2017 - 05:09 AM.

Advertisements

UnloosedCake

UnloosedCake

Freshman

• GeekU Freshman
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

1. You can use free website hosting services like Weebly or Webs to start up your own website for free, and then migrate to a fully paid host if you so desire. There are plenty of other platforms that do this, I'm just most familiar with the two I mentioned, though I am not supporting them over any others in any way.

2. In short, no. Most content on news sites is copyrighted, and without permission from the copyright owner (CNN, Fox, BBC, etc) you're liable to be prosecuted for taking their content. I'd read up more on the specific websites about their policies, but it's probably a no-go.

3. Yes, there are a lot of applications that you can use for this. Depending on what site you use to publish your platform will determine how you can do this. WordPress is a good blogging/news platform that offers a lot of easy to use plugins for this purpose. (Again, not supporting WordPress over anything else, just giving you an idea.)

4. Lots of other things are needed. You need writers, content, pictures, copyright processes, and most importantly: news to publish.

Hope this helps at least a little!

Edited by UnloosedCake, 30 September 2017 - 04:43 PM.

Pooosia

Pooosia

• Pip
  • 7 posts

1. As for the creation of the website you can do it yourself as there are a lot of programs which learn how to do it and it is quite easy and fast. As for design you can also choose some of the simplest themes. But if you want to make your website popular and earn money with it, it is better to ask someone for help. 

2. No one has a right to extract news from other news sites to their own. Then you should copy-write or rewrite the news you want yourself or hire some people to do that. There are a lot of platforms on Internet where you can find them. It doesn't cost much and a lot of people can do that.

3. You can search for the applications you can add to post your news website to social media on the Internet. There are a lot of them and it's just up to you which one to choose.

4. It will be hard to work with a news website on your own. So you have to hire a state. It shouldn't be big, but nevertheless. There should be a person who knows how to deal with a website, a copywriter, someone who will be looking for needed news.

On the whole, I wish you good luck in your work! :)

Pooosia

Pooosia

• Pip
  • 7 posts

1. As for the creation of the website you can do it yourself as there are a lot of programs which learn how to do it and it is quite easy and fast. As for design you can also choose some of the simplest themes. But if you want to make your website popular and earn money with it, it is better to ask someone for help. 

2. No one has a right to extract news from other news sites to their own. Then you should copy-write or rewrite the news you want yourself or hire some people to do that. There are a lot of platforms on Internet where you can find them. It doesn't cost much and a lot of people can do that.

3. You can search for the applications you can add to post your news website to social media on the Internet. There are a lot of them and it's just up to you which one to choose.

4. It will be hard to work with a news website on your own. So you have to hire a state. It shouldn't be big, but nevertheless. There should be a person who knows how to deal with a website, a copywriter, someone who will be looking for needed news.

On the whole, I wish you good luck in your work! :)

By the way, if you need help of good designers and illustrators you can visit https://fuselabcreative.com/ I used to work with them when I was making my own website, they are great in it!