Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need help for Windows 7 program/documents stalling

Windows 7 stall safe mode

• Please log in to reply

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

We don't have to worry about corrupted system file its not causing your problem.

Can you scan your computer for malware infection with MalwareBytes.

Please open the Command Prompt and execute following command:

Chkdsk C: /r

You will be prompted to schedule a disk error checking type Y and press Enter key.  Restart your computer.

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy, taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left. Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):

pHMDRrj.png

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot. You will see the following prompt:

0DHvihT.png

Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

AWEuUYi.png

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the Add Reply button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Send below the Reply box.

Advertisements

heather110

heather110

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

http://speccy.pirifo...zirv1JdFqOMsI6b

heather110

heather110

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I tried to run the command, but I got a prompt that said, Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges. You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode.

It is taking me several tries to do anything. It froze after I got the zip file from the portable site. Then when I restarted and copied the link, it froze when I was trying to post it here. I restarted again to type this and it froze one more time, so Im having to write this one from my phone.

I appreciate all of your help so much! Just let me know if its to a point I need to take it somewhere and let someone work on it before I make it any worse!

FreeBooter

FreeBooter

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Boot your computer into Safe Mode and open the Command Prompt as administrator execute following command:

Chkdsk C: /r

Uninstall all third party antivirus programs to see issue resolves.

Install all Windows updates.

Temperatures in your computer are very high you need to clean dust and dirt from inside your computer and apply new thermal paste to the CPU.