Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

UPS clicking -- 3rd slave hard disk error press F1 to resume

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

freeme88

freeme88

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I recently started my computer I often get my UPS clicking and then "3rd slave hard disk error press F1 to resume." Earlier the start-up would often take 30 minutes and the operation of the computer would often be very slow. At that time three hard drives showed in speccy and crystaldiskinfo as being "good." The problem seemed to go away for a couple of days but only the two hard drives below showed. The start-up problem resumed this morning -- still only two hard drives showing. This time when I got the UPS clicking I turned off the computer and turned it on until I didn't get clicking or the error message. The computer is operational but not fully back to normal. What would you suggest?

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X4 830 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 4 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8191 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 210, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 111 GB (85 GB Free); H: 931 GB (432 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., CM1630

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,771 posts

:welcome:   freeme88,

You have replies to the same OP on at least one other forum.

We are always happy to help when we can but we cannot safely do so if you are already receiving assistance on any other forum, doing so may lead to confusion as to whose and what guidance you are following which can be both dangerous and costly, decide on which forum you wish to continue and as a courtesy let the other/s know that assistance is no longer required.

Thank you for your understanding.

Edit to add: Member has not replied here but has to their duplicated OP on another forum, thread closed to avoid any possible conflicting guidance being offered.