Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FLASH PLAYER ISSUES

flash player

• Please log in to reply

diananana

diananana

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi, I have an Acer laptop my son is using for an automotive dealership web based training.  Windows 8.1 64 BIT - IE 11.09.  Internet explorer is default browser he uses when at home.  Has no issues when on this site when he is working on website training when he is home.  But when he takes his laptop to work at the dealership and goes on the website for web training, it says he needs to install flash player 8 but he already has it on his laptop.  He gets no message like this when he's working on laptop from home.  I AM ABSOLUTELY BAFFLED :(  ps he uses the same browser at both places (IE).

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

The dealership's router may have been compromised and a bad DNS inserted.  Have him try changing the DNS manually.  Use 8.8.8.8 and 4.2.2.1

https://support.open...8-Configuration

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts

It sounds like they are blocking Flash at his workplace. Has he spoken to the IT department