Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell Precision 490 Pc Fan noise and music production

Fan noise replacement

• Please log in to reply

Guitaristsedge

Guitaristsedge

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi Folks

Can anyone offer me some advice about how to quiet down my fan on the Dell 490. I want to use this pc for music production as Im relatively new to home recording, but the main issue is the fan noise. Its driving me crazy. Can anyone recommend a new quiet fan for the Dell precision 490.

Also in terms of of inexpensive upgrades to better equip the pc for music production any ideas?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

:welcome:   Guitaristsedge,

Depends on a couple of things as to what we can advise;

1: Are you confident with working on the inside of a computer.

2: The present specifications of your computer, being dated technology there is very little modern hardware that is compatible but if you have plenty of RAM and a decent CPU you may be able to get by.

We can help you with step by step instructions with any upgrades and if the Dell has internet connection with finding out what spec of hardware you presently have.

Regarding the noisy fan, can you describe the noise for us, does it sound like a bearing has gone or it it running at high speed all of the time etc.