Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 10 Wont Start Dell XPS8500

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Tar

Tar

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Hi,

Yesterday when I tried to put the computer onto a sleep mode it did not want to sleep, but instead it tried to restart itself and it got no where.  Windows 10 does not want to start by itself.

It goes to the blue screen where there is an option that looks like this: https://www.windows1...ents/1-png.440/

Reseting it does nothing.

I was able to turn it on through the advanced option and safe mode, in safe mode it looks to be working but it does not want to work in a normal fashion.

Is there some kind of test that needs to be ran?

Thank you,

Advertisements

Tar

Tar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Now, I'm getting an iaStorA.sys error when I try to turn it on and can only do things through safemode.

Its a Dell XPS8500

Win 10 Pro

Version 1703

OS 15063.608

Intel core i7-3770 cpu @ 3.4 ghz 3.39 ghz

64 bit os

x64 based processor

Edited by Tar, 12 October 2017 - 11:59 PM.

Tar

Tar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Nothing new was installed. Only a chrome update and the usual windows updates.

Tar

Tar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Thanks for the help.  Stangely after I posted that and unplugged the computer and replaced the motherboard battery everything seems to be working.  I did what you posted as well and really no changes.

Thanks,