page cannot be displayed
Posted 14 September 2004 - 11:29 AM
Posted 14 September 2004 - 11:43 AM
Download Ad-aware from: http://www.lavasoft.de/res/aaw6.exe
Install the program and launch it.
First, in the main window, look in the bottom right corner and click on Check for updates now and download the latest reference files.
Next, we need to configure Ad-aware for a full scan.
-> Click on the Gear icon (second from the left) to access the preferences/settings window
1. In the General window make sure the following are selected:
- Automatically save log-file
- Automatically quarantine objects prior to removal
- Safe Mode (always request confirmation)
- Scan Within Archives
- Scan Active Processes
- Scan Registry
- Deep Scan Registry
- Scan my IE favorites for banned URL’s
- Scan my Hosts file
- Under Click here to select drives + folders, choose:
- All of your hard drives
- Include additional process information
- Include additional file information
- Include environment information
- Include additional object details
- Under the Scanning Engine:
- Unload recognized processes during scanning
- Include basic Ad-aware settings in logfile
- Include additional Ad-aware settings in logfile
- Under the Cleaning Engine:
- Let Windows remove files in use at next reboot
-> Click Start and on the next screen choose Activate in-depth Scan at the bottom of the page and then choose:
- Use Custom Scanning Options
-> Save the log file when it asks and then click Finish
-> When finished, mark everything for removal and get rid of it. (Right-click the window and choose Select All from the drop down menu and click Next).
-> Reboot your computer.
Click the HijackThis Guide in my signature, download it and follow the instructions in the guide.
Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.
Posted 14 September 2004 - 01:27 PM
Posted 14 September 2004 - 04:28 PM
No, but if by chance they are, they are held in quarantine, and you can easily restore them.
Aren't some of the 467 items necessary in order to keep my programs functioning?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users