Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ads Not working at all on blogger.com

Blogger.com

• Please log in to reply

LinkleToThePast

LinkleToThePast

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I have several different blogs I run on blogger.com and I can't get any of the ads I place to appear on my blogs! I've tried adding advertisements in my blog using InfoLinks, VigLinks, Chitika, and a few others... I can't get any of them to work.  I've tried following the guides online, no success. I've tried adding it in the HTML code for the layout, tried adding it as a JavaScript Gadget Widget, tried adding it into the HTML code for each post. Nothing at all.The only ad program I could get to work was a pop up one I don't like (Propeller Ads) which pops up junk/spam sometimes. Google ad sense requires you have a lot of traffic and a paid domain. I don't have a lot of traffic yet, and I can't even afford bread, I can't afford a domain Can somebody please help me get this working?

Advertisements

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Did you read How to Place Ad in Blogger Post Content | Without Coding ? Blogger.com says you have to turn on ads. Have you checked if it is turned. Have no idea if this is preventing your ads to show. Make sure your browser does not have an extension like AdBlock Plus. Other than these suggestions, you might ask in their forum..

We would need to see the code you are using. The code and a link to your blog so we can see the actual online code. 

LinkleToThePast

LinkleToThePast

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

https://fullmindbody...s.blogspot.com/

Chitka.net 

<script type="text/javascript">
( function() {
if (window.CHITIKA === undefined) { window.CHITIKA = { 'units' : [] }; };
var unit = {"calltype":"async[2]","publisher":"Oahron","width":550,"height":250,"sid":"Chitika Default"};
var placement_id = window.CHITIKA.units.length;
window.CHITIKA.units.push(unit);
document.write('<div id="chitikaAdBlock-' + placement_id + '"></div>');
}());
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="//cdn.chitika.net/getads.js" async></script>

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

May I ask where you got the JS snippet to insert your ad? I know it says Chitika, but without doing searches do you just have the page(s) where you came up with it? Not totally sure, but there seems to be some errors in it. Plus, people who may have JS disabled or using a text reader type like JAWs will not be able to run any script on the page. I'm sure some use the Add-on NoScript.

I see the blog site you are on is still writing outdated HTML. I don't think many of these site will ever take the time to catch up to today's HTML5 and CSS3.

Edited by AstraNut, 16 October 2017 - 11:04 PM.