Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printing from Windows Explorer

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

thalantyrdsl

thalantyrdsl

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi all,

I am currently trying to figure out a way to print multiple documents at once. The end result may be that I need to get a BATCH file made up where I can select the specific files that I want, but I have an issue with the way Windows 10 is acting in regards to printing.

Basically I am trying to bulk print in Windows 10 by selecting multiple files, right clicking, then selecting print. However, there seems to be some issues with the margins being cut off on the ones I'm printing direct from Windows Explorer.

If I open a PDF file (or any other file type), let it open in whatever PDF program is installed, then print it off, there are no issues at all. The file prints the way it should. All content prints out according to how it's displayed in the PDF viewer.

If I right click on the file, or multiple files, and select print from Windows, it quickly opens the files in the PDF program that's installed and then automatically prints, then closes the software again.

The big difference is that the second way, direct from Windows Explorer, it chopping off the bottom of the page, moving the page a little to the left, etc. This is becoming quite annoying because it's chopping off the page numbers that are in the footers of the documents.

I was wondering how I go about trying to diagnose this issue? I have a very important requirement to be able to select & print specific files from a batch of 75-100 files, which is a mixture of DOC, DOCX & PDF files, and then send them all to the printer at once rather than opening them one by one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Advertisements

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts

What pdf program are you using. There are paid programs that allow you to combine and print batches of different files if you are interested.